Forever Held Dear (Chapter 55)

Third Person POV

"Wait you mean–"

"Hasn't this already happened before?" Sagiso chuckled at the irony and peeked over at Kaneko before she glanced back at Marisa.

"Kaneko. What did you wish for?" Marisa stared up at Kaneko as her eyes asked for an answer.

"Yo-you know what it was! I wanted Jie to be beside me again!" Kaneko exclaimed, but then pink flushed her face right after. It was embarrassing to just say those things out loud after all...

"Yeah, and I'm already beside you. So why hasn't she teleported out yet?" Sagiso gestured over at Marisa. Kaneko bit down on her lip and took a step back to rethink her decisions.

"Gardenia told me that the summoning has to have a consistent thought. Maybe you changed it up at the last second, and somehow summoned me instead of Sagiso." Marisa pondered as she leaned back on the bed.

"What about in your case, Mari-chan?"

"... Wait a moment." Marisa closed her eyes and tapped the center of her forehead.

"Wha? Do you seriously think that Marie would remember what she thought of in that stressful situation?" Kaneko raised an eyebrow at Sagiso's question as she thought it was unfair for Marisa.

"I wished for you two to guide me." Marisa shot her eyes open as she spoke.

"Wha..." Kaneko blinked slowly at Marisa, then at Sagiso.

"The doctors think that she has Hyperthymesia. While her memory is great, they can sometimes blend together though." Sagiso chuckled and patted Marisa's head.

"Like you forgetting what day it is."

"I just don't look at the calendar that often, and if I do it's the number not the day of the week."

"No! I wasn't surprised because of that! Can you two stop flirting in front of me?!" Kaneko exclaimed and gritted her teeth. She puffed her chest out and pouted at the two of them while she rolled her eyes.

Kaneko doesn't understand how her heart just rose when Marisa said that she wished for them to guide her.

Whatever, it doesn't matter to Kaneko now. That thorn of jealousy made her yell what she thought.

"W-we aren't flirting, Kaneko!" Sagiso turned red at her words and widened her eyes.

"Can we please get back on track?" Marisa sighed with a pink tint to her cheeks, but she tried to pull everyone together.

"Wh-why do we need to figure this all out anyway?" Kaneko mumbled, and sat beside Marisa on the hospital bed.

"You two can just stay here in this world, I'll take care of you!" Kaneko grinned at Marisa and Sagiso, before the two girls would look at each other.

"There's no way! We're Summoned Heroes, we need to leave at some point!"

"I don't mind."

"M-Mari-chan? Seriously? You don't wanna return to our world...?"

"Logically, I have nothing to gain there. I'll be stuck in the same pattern. Maybe here things would be much better since I can actually move fairly easily now." Marisa stared down at her hands and gave a small sigh.

"But your mom..." Sagiso sat on the other side of Kaneko and softened her gaze at Marisa.

"..." Marisa froze for a moment and sighed. Sagiso had a point, she didn't want to leave her mother after all of the trouble she had gone through because of her.