A she...? (Chapter 44)

Third Person POV

A white robe that fluttered along the wind covered a figure in the middle of the forest. They stepped forward along with the taps of their large golden staff. The green glimmered as they hopped along the path.

"Oh my lady... How will you look at me when you finally see me... Would you be proud?" A voice flowed through the wind like petals, their lips quivered with a sigh.

"Kyaah!" With a gust of wind, the hood of their coat fell to their back. A golden silk blinded the squirrels that accompanied them, their bangs fell right in front of their eyes.

"Oh goodness... I should really cut my hair..."

Marisa POV

The grand library had been larger than the hospital I stayed at.

Every twist and turn had led to more corridors filled with different colored books.

Normally, someone would get lost.

However, my memories are almost picture perfect.

"Then next is... Left." I paced forward in that direction, and the light spread through my glasses. After my eyes adjusted, the door to the outside world had laid in front of me.

"I'm out of the maze." I lifted up both of my arms as a cheer, but my voice had been as flat as always.

I turned the knob and laid my shoulders against the door, pushed with my legs to open it.

The hunk of wood and gold dragged open, and I leaned on the frame of the door as I caught my breath.

This door is so large... I suppose that's for grandiosity but... This body of mine can't take it, that's for sure.

"..." I glanced over at the open door, and I blinked.

I leaned on it once more, pushed it forward to close it.

"Haah... Haah..."

Even with the enhancement of my body I still...

A maid paced through the corridor and tilted her head at me with a nervous smile.

I straightened my back, pulled down on my collar and bowed.

She bowed back, "Are you alright Miss? The doors can be quite heavy..."

"I'm used to it, I'll recover eventually. Thank you for worrying." I bobbed my head forward as a nod, and I turned to the side to pace forward.

I opened the book, the sun had pierced through the clouds and lightened the pages.

"Excuse me!"

That's a voice I don't recognize.

I turned my head up at the person who had a squirrel on their shoulder, a coat fully covered their body.

"Why are you inside a castle looking like an assassin?" I blinked at them and tilted my head. The hood covered half of their face, only their small lips had been revealed.

Just from the way their chin is structured, they seem very feminine. Most likely a girl.

"O-owah?! I..." And that soft spoken voice along with a very odd noise proved my point.

"Sorry! It was the only clothing that would fit me... It's a little too big I know..." She lifted up her sleeves that dropped down and covered her entire arm.

"You don't seem like a maid or a guy Kaneko would want to play with so... Why are you here?"

"I could ask the same thing, why is someone who doesn't even have clothes inside the castle?" I reflected on the question as I lifted up my glasses.