Her Friend?! (Chapter 42)

Kaneko POV

The completely white humanoid silhouette hovered above the circle as I knelt on the ground and stared up at it. The white started to crack and burst open to reveal the human underneath, her body being tainted by the color of gray underneath both of us. The wind blew, that straight and smooth silky midnight of a hair spread out behind her.

"To the light, to the night, I will make all right. I am Gospel of Hakui, what is your request to me, summoner?" With the complete opposite of her dark hair, her gaze was a radiant yellow sun. She descended down, and with the disappearance of the light, she had adjusted her glasses to the now darkened room.

"Are you summoning me in secret?" A phrase of logical conclusion, she stated.

"I didn't want to summon you!" My palms gripped gold from the pile and whipped it over to the switch. It shot through the air and left a hole on the lever as the flame crystals above us made me see the stranger again.

"What does that exactly entail...?" With a confused stare, she blinked blankly at me as I stood up. I folded my hands down towards the girl who was, once again, tinier than me.

Geez, are all summoned Heroes just fuckin tiny or what?

"It entails that I was finding a fucking person to summon!" I gritted my teeth as she simply tugged down the black turtle neck collar, but it was cut only to be worn on one side of her body. Straps secured the black coat-like other side, trapped it above her white buttoned up shirt that had been tucked inside her dark pants.

"...Why would you do that? You do understand that there is little chance you would get this person back, correct?" With clear apparent confusion from her voice, she tilted her stoic face.

"I fucking know damn it!" I screamed at her, and she just took it all without a single change in her expression. With that unemotional stare, I blinked and took a step back as I hung my head.

"I-I just... Don't want to lose hope. I want to see her again. It doesn't matter what I do..." I sniffled and balled my fists. I know that this was too personal to give to a stranger, but it doesn't matter anymore!

I peeked up at her reaction and she moved forward with her dark leather shoes. She nodded without a single sound and folded her hands.

"I'm assuming that is what you want. Even if you summoned me to find her, my task for now is to find a way to find her." She once again stated without an eye batted at my emotional outburst. I blinked up at her and straightened my back.

"Y-yeah that's... I guess the best way to go through with this now." I bit my lip, the zips of my choker had filled my mind with the memory of her hands on me.

"I see."

With the slight movement of both of our long hairs, the creeps of taps on my skin made me curse inside my head.

Fucking hell this is awkward as shit.

Which makes sense, this is a Hero I know NOTHING about. And my task for her is as obscure as finding a person, at least last time I already knew Sagiso and how she was just from hearing about her.

But this is a new person in my world, what the FUCK am I supposed to do.

"U-uh." I started off in a painful stupid way. "My name is Kaneko Chousokabe. 2nd princess and the 3rd of the Chousokabe line. You're in Khryrius, the kingdom of Jewelry."

Since this girl is similar to my sister, I'm guessing doesn't like filters and goes straight for the facts... Though, unlike the coldness of my sister, her expression is a lot more dazed than serious.