Just sleep here! (Chapter 48)

Kaneko POV

"Wh-why does that matter?!"

Why is Marie asking about what we talked about before she teleported out?!

Your wish has already come true.

Look deeper into yourself, because we both know now that you're satisfied.

I still don't understand why she said that.

That asshole...

She always leaves me with more thorns that she healed me from.

"I... I don't want to talk about it." The blood that bled from my heart trailed down my face, and cold fragile fingers wiped them away.

"Kaneko." Her tone was soft, yet she demanded for me to glance up at her.

"Face it. The reason why Sagiso teleported out was because she finished her mission."

"But I told you that we broke u–"

"Yes, so who else was in front of you?" Marisa gripped my shoulders, and her words made the strings in my head snap into place.

"Jie..."

"That's right. You realized that you liked her, and thus her mission was over."

"I KNOW." I hissed and my tearful eyes narrowed.

I knew that from the start.

She was the Prince I wished for, someone who was always there for me and liked me despite my clear weaknesses.

But why did she have to be a girl...?

Out of all chances in this world...

Why does my heart long for a woman?

Most of the people in this world despise that kind of thing, why would I ever wish that for myself?!

"I... I just..."

"You don't want to ruin your friendship with her, correct?" Marisa softened her hands on my shoulders, and smiled at me.

Soft and guilty smile.

Just like what Jie had looked when she left me.

"Yeah..." I hung my head, and she leaned forward to make it rest on her chest.

"I understand." She speaks with the utmost confidence.

"Marie..." I gripped on her shirt and whimpered.

Wouldn't she have grabbed my hair and warned me to stay away from Jie?

Because she was here first, and no doubt Jie would like to be with her too, from how utterly devoted she is.

Wouldn't she be possessive over someone she likes?

Like I had...

Those thorns that grow whenever Jie speaks about her was jealousy, I just didn't understand it back then.

But, Marie she...

She helped me realize that it was the truth, that I liked Jie, and she doesn't even hesitate despite the repercussions.

Isn't she afraid that I might steal her away?

Or is she just that obsessed over knowing the truth that her own emotions don't matter?

Haah... These two and their self destructive behaviors...

"...You don't have to fear the truth." She mumbled and embraced my head. Her fingers ran through my hair and massaged it, while her calm heartbeat was lullabies to my ears.