His Confession (Chapter 33)

Sagiso POV

"It's clear in your face, Princess. You like me." I scoffed at her as I joked. Kaneko took it seriously though, expression red like my eyes as her teeth had grinded against each other.

"Just because I told you first doesn't mean shit!" Kaneko turned her head away as she folded her hands and rolled her eyes. She sniffled as the tears she had earlier dried up from her anger.

I didn't mean to sleep too, but when I saw her so peaceful I couldn't help but fall as well.

I certainly didn't expect to have a heart attack the moment I woke up.

Kaneko had clearly been sapphic from the start, but for her to confess that so quickly and suddenly…

But, that is what Kaneko is, brutally honest. For better or for worse.

"But, doesn't this mean girls are on the table?" I raised an eyebrow, asked her about what would now happen with her wish of getting a perfect lover.

I don't know which side of me is relieved with this news, but I need to understand I don't have a chance with the Princess.

Not because of her own emotions, but rather I won't allow it.

What immaturity would let feelings of random romance get in the way of my mission anyway…?

Everything is for Marisa.

This selfishness will get me nowhere.

"I said Prince, didn't I? Of course it's gonna be a guy. Just because I'm attracted to women doesn't mean I'll choose to be with them. Just makes my love harder."

"You can't really choose who you like."

"But you can choose who you get together with."

I shut myself up, paused and I narrowed my eyes down at her. "You're not wrong."

But if she thinks that way, surely one day she's going to be heartbroken by the fact she'll never get the girl of her dreams due to the singular fact that she's a girl and the world hates it like that.

Though, I suppose Kaneko is the manifestation of common thoughts.

With the silence between us, I opened my mouth to remind her that it was night time yet she spoke before I could.

"Does that displease you?"

I tilted my head. "Why would it?"

"I kinda just feel like you're disappointed. I mean, I'm sure you're better at looking for girls since you're interested in them rather than in men where you can't feel anything towards them at all." Despite all of the daily venom that comes out of her mouth, Kaneko still manages to have concern that covers it all.

"Yeah I'm totally disappointed." I scoffed and rolled my eyes playfully.

"Because I'd rather search for the people I have a personal bias with. Like, who would want to search for the people who I can objectively look at without rose tinted lenses for my friend? That would be so stupid right?" I shrugged and chuckled.

"Huh. Yeah. I guess that does make sense." Kaneko turned her head at me and hummed. "You'd be able to see the red flags I'll ignore because I'm so busy thinking about how pretty they are."

"Exactly. You act on your emotions and I'll prevent you from making mistakes since I can watch clearly."

"If you can even do that without the Oh nooo I don't want you to get hurt! Type of bullshit." Kaneko groaned at me and tapped on her arm. Her gaze went outside the window that had shined the light of the night inside the cabin.