To each our own (Chapter 7)

Sagiso POV

As the color of her auburn hair blurred in the distance, my thoughts had faded along with it. My legs turned into pillows and my bottom crashed down on my chair. I twirled my thumbs together while I stared at the bottom of the table.

I failed again.

Why am I so useless?

Demon lords shiver below me, there is no task I cannot complete with this might of a body. Yet, something as simple as convincing a girl is another mountain I need to conquer? I might have flown too close to the sun, she was right, I need to humble myself earnestly. But... I know that she would be a lot happier if she accepted herself, that outburst was because of her own denial.

However, I don't want to hurt her further. That girl already had looked like she got stabbed when my eyes met with her's, all of this is my fault. If only I didn't insist on such a thing, I really should have followed her instructions and just tried to find a man rather than pushing something.

Skin crawled behind my nape and I jerked into attention so I glanced to the side, Yasunori had sat beside me and wrapped her arm around my neck.

"Wh-when did you get here?!" I leaned backwards to get away from her, and she let go of me with a smirk. "Just a couple of seconds ago, you didn't notice? I even waved my hands in front of your eyes."

"Really?" Did I space out that badly?

"I wouldn't lie, wouldn't I? But wowza, Hero-sama really has some bad anger issues doesn't she?" Yasunori hummed the wind past us while she leaned her head on top of the chair and stared at the spaces between the leaves.

I raised my eyebrows, "Hero-sama? Sorry if I'm wrong, but do you not know her name, Kinmokusei-san...?"

She chuckled and nodded, to which my eye twitched at. "A-are you kidding? Isn't she like a princess? And you're a knight who's meeting her? You didn't even know it beforehand?"

"Hmm~ I guess I just didn't care as much, I was going to learn through Kiyuri-sama after all." That's true, but she's still a princess?! Though, I forgot her name too... But that's because I thought I wouldn't come back here! Wait, she's on a first name basis with Kiyuri... They must be close.

"Her name is Kaneko Chousokabe... Please remember that next time please..." I hung my head low as she laughed once again, I turned my head towards her and the first thing that filled my gaze was pink. I flipped down my chair at the jumpscare, to which she snickered at me.

"Aww~ Little blueberry birdie flew away~" Her fangs shined gleamed along with her grin. I turned red and shook my head, she's teasing me again... When can I stop being a easy lesbian?!

She stood up and lent her hand to me, but I didn't take it and raised myself up as I shook my head. "I lent my hand out so I can help you get up...?" Yasunori's smile went lopsided.

"Ah! Yes, I actually didn't need help, thank you though." Does she not know that I ignored it on purpose...?

"Oh... Blueberry birdie, you should pay attention next time." What? Why are you suddenly thinking that it's my fault? I already know she wasn't the sharpest sword in the smith, if denseness was a person it would be her.

Yasunori leaned on the table in front of me, poured tea into a cup. But before it could fill, the liquid stopped and her ears drooped down. "Is there nothing else?" She whimpered and bent over to glance under the teapot as if she could see anything under there.

Her bottom grazed my stomach and I immediately took quick steps back, in my hurry, my spine hit a tree. "Ack!" I rubbed my back as I huffed. What's with her?! Why did she do that?! Please be more careful... My heart can't take this at all...