Chapter 35: Pretending

"There's an Earth Kingdom boat coming this way." a southerner said. Chief Tonraq stood up and followed his man. They saw a small boat with a girl and a dog. They can't see it clearly because of fogs since it's nearly evening.

"Wait a minute. It's not from the Earth Kingdom. It's Korra!" The chief exclaimed happily. As the boat reached the land, the chief ran to his daughter and hugged her. Korra returned the embrace, but not so happy.

"We missed you so much Korra. Come, your mother will be happy." Her father said as they walked in the house.

"Senna, your daughter's back!" Tonraq called his wife. They heard footsteps coming from the kitchen. As she saw her daughter, her eyes became teary and rushed to her daughter.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm glad you're back." Senna said hugging the avatar.

"You're happy because I agreed to the marriage? I just had no choice." Korra replied coldly. the mother broke the hug and looked at her daughter.

"Sweetie, we want this for your own good. You will have a perfect future with her." Senna explained and touched her daughter's cheek. Korra sighed and exhaustedly sat on the couch.

"Then where is she? Why are you keeping her from me? I wanna see my fiancé." Korra said and frowned. She's mad because deep inside of her she never wanted to agree to the marriage. She really had no choice. She made her decision to let Asami go. Changing herself? it's also part of her plans for letting her girlfriend go. Her parents exchanged glances from each other.

"I talked to her father earlier before you arrived here. He's happy you've already agreed and the only problem was his daughter. Your fiancé too didn't want to enter the marriage." Tonraq explained.

"Then why are you still convincing her? She don't want to and I don't too." The avatar said looking away.

"Sweetie, I thought you changed your mind." Senna said sweetly.

"I said I had no choice but to agree okay?" Korra replied as she walked away from her parents. The chief raised his eyebrow.

"Why 'No choice'?" Tonraq whispered to himself.

*****
The avatar explored her eyes around her room. She laid her backpack on the ground and sat to her bed. It's been months since I've seen this room. She thought. She stood up and opened the window. She can hear the peaceful sound of the water splashing. The avatar smiled and stared at the water. Then drops of tears escaped from her eyes. She looked down and cried quietly.

"What happened Korra? What happened to you? Why did you changed?"

"You really changed a lot. You hate meditating."

She remembered the words Tenzin said to her. Did she really need to change herself? Is it really her way to move on? Did she really wanted to change herself? Or just to escape the pain? She cried harder for the thoughts that came in her mind. She then remembered the last words Aang had told her.

"When we hit our lowest point, we are opened to the greatest change."

Her lowest point was the time Asami broke up with her. Why? Because the very first time, her greatest fear was to lose the one she loved the most. And it happened. Now, that she changed, is she really opened to the greatest change? Aang meant his words for a hundred reasons. Not just for being the avatar. It's an inspiration for the entire life of an avatar. For fighting new enemies, or even for personal life.

The avatar sighed and wiped her tears away. It's a mistake. She did not need to change just because of the pain, then she remembered what Katara said. When Aang knew that his entire culture was taken from him, he really suffered in pain. But did he changed himself? No. He tried his best to stand up and be strong to save the world.

"I'm wrong. I shouldn't have decided to change myself. My friends, my family. I don't even think what would they feel if I changed. That's it, I'm the avatar. I will not let the pain pull me down." the avatar said bravely and full of hope again.

*****

Okay :3 this probably the chapter i hate the most. I just felt that.... it's corny :3 If someone doesn't get what was the main idea of the chapter, you can Pm me or comment. I really don't know how to explain my ideas through the story. I don't know but I think there's narration or something in this chapter? I don't blame you if you hate it. Urgh! I'm so sorry for such a bad chapter. :(