Chapter 3: Princess and his princess

Arthur POV

During my training with Sylvia, we realized something I failed to notice up until now. I still had parts of her will in my core, I was merely unable to utilize it previously since I didn't have a mana core and now it returned to a kind of pre-awakened state.

After Sylvia taught me the ins and outs of my asuran body we trained for the next few months. I was able to reach solid yellow stage in that time.

The day of my departure finally came, but Sylvia knew despite me not wanting to leave, it was the best for both of us. Just as we said our goodbyes, she transformed into her dragon form to finish the portal despite me insisting I could do it instead of her. Then Cadell appeared, but this time I was ready. Using what Sylvia thought me I transformed into my old asuran form(just younger) summoning my armor along with it. I easily appeared behind him using Godstep holding two aetheric sword burning with destruction itself in my hands and 4 more floating around me. Needless to say, Cadell could hardly process what was happening to him as destruction turned him into nothing after I stabbed his core with one of my blades. But that still couldn't save Sylvia. I couldn't heal her injury using aether. She said this was how it was meant to be and despite me insisting that I had the power to save her, with her dying breaths she used an aether art and pushed me into the portal.

When the dizziness caused by the portal subsided, I found myself in the Elshire Forest. It only took a moment to realize what was the aether art Sylvia used back in the cave. She used the same art as her daughter so long ago. I came to the realization thanks to the horns on my head and wings on my back. Though thankfully it seems they only appeared when I wanted them to, or probably when using Realmheart. After figuring that out I started wondering why I couldn't save her.

'You couldn't save her because she didn't want to be saved. She accepted her fate long ago and was only waiting for you.' Regis sent trying to comfort me. But I realized he was right since she did give me Sylvie's egg. She wanted me to live a life as full as possible just like she wanted me to in the last timeline, but this time I was actually going to listen to her. Now I had the power to protect the ones I care about and live a happy life.

Agrona was likely to delay any operations as a result of Cadell's death and that meant my life would be a lot easier at least for a good while.

Moving through the forest I heard the distressed calls of an all too familiar voice.

"NOOO! HELP! SOMEONE, PLEASE HELP! MOMMY DADDY! NOOO! I'M SCARED!!!"

"Someone shut her up! She's going to attract attention!"

*THUD*

These were the slave traders. And they already had Tessia. As much as I wanted to intervene right now, I decided to wait for the sun to set. During my wait, I suddenly felt aching in my core.

'It seems she also helped my will awaken, but I think the assimilation process needs to be redone.'

'At least the pain seems less severe than last time, but I don't understand why you need to assimilate with it, you already have all the abilities it could give you.' Regis said questioningly.

'It was her last gift to me. I'm not going to let it go to waste.'

As soon as night fell, I started my attack. They could barely scream before falling to either my aetheric blades or Regis's claws. After just a few minutes the forest was quite again. I walked up to the carriage and opened it. Inside I saw the elf princess shaking in fear. I reached my hand out towards her and said: "You're safe now."

***

After I gathered everything, we could need, our journey to Zestier began. And during these few days I grew to like her all over again. As she slowly opened up to me, I knew she was the same girl who I remembered.