Chapter 33: Dungeon

I was walking in the lavish halls of Taegrin Caelum when the very person I was searching for turned the next corner and started walking towards. The retainer stopped in front of me already knowing I wanted to see him.

The reason is that I had overheard Alduin and Virion talking about the fact that Alea was deployed into the glades on an anonymous tip for mutated beasts deep within them. I was understandably suspicious of this anonymous tip, so I decided, quite ironically to send her own killer to keep Alea safe. The retainer quickly agreed before quickly walking away to get ready as soon as possible.

I have been here in Alacrya at least once a week on meeting while Cecil and Nico trained with the others. I had modified Cecil's ring so that she didn't have to take it off to remove the fake appearance just merely turn the ring around. The time they spent here strengthened their resolve to unite the two continents which has become my goal. This unification wasn't the kind Agrona wanted last time. This unification would mean combining the Dicathen council and the Sovereign's council. This plan seemed possible, but the thorn still present in my side, Kiros was against it. The literal only meeting he showed up to was to oppose direct communication with the Dicathen council and such it had to be postponed.

As all 3 of us returned to Dicathen I went to the elven castle where I spent the last 2 days since the entire class got the 2 days before the expedition off from school so we could prepare. Tess was still soundly asleep when I arrived, so I laid next to her and fell into a slumber.

She woke me up merely a few hours later to start getting ready to head out. During the last few days, I successfully developed a new kind of storage rune which allowed me to place living beings inside, although it seemed conscious creatures were still outside of its effects that did matter since the point of the rune was that Regis was able to have a human body without me having to create it every time. Regis having this rune meant I could act as Note during the expedition if need be.

After we finished gathering out things, we went down to the dining room to eat breakfast with our families. They were worried, but the fact that thanks to Regis I could at any time appear as Note meaning I could go all out, or at least use the strength they knew I had. After listening to 20 minutes of the dangers of dungeons from my parents despite the fact that I was the highest-ranking adventurer in the continent we finally left. I choose to fist arrive as Prince Arthur with Tess then after leaving come back shortly after as Arthur Leywin.

After arriving all attention turned towards us, but thankfully the distance between us and the other students still meant that my face was still mostly unrecognizable. My face was different from my other look, but some would probably recognize me if they looked closely enough.

After saying goodbye to Tess, I got into the carriage again and informed the driver that I was leaving. The driver was one of the people who already knew my identity since despite acting as a normal driver, he was one of the highest-ranking royal knights. After opening a portal in the woods near the entrance I transformed and went through.

As I arrived at the dungeons entrance I immediately walked to where the DC, the SC and Nico talked. Joining them we divided into teams of 4. One team was Theo, Curtis, Claire and Doradrea, another was Kathlyn, Lilia, Jarrod and Feyfey, and the last one was Nico, Cecilia, Tess and me.

We walked deeper into the beautiful dungeon as the air got colder. I noticed something weird. Despite the mutated beasts being gone the snarlers still haven't shown up. The whole expedition was going suspiciously like in the last timeline.

I wished I was wrong though, sadly I wasn't.

Approximately an hour after we encountered the large horde of snarlers the ground began to shake as the two mutated queens exited. Disturbingly they weren't in the same form they were in the last timeline. Both of them were in the form that only one of them took after eating the other last time. The shouldn't be a problem since even like this they're barely AA-class, but I was still worried, not for us, but for the lance below.

The entrance still being clear the students began to make their escape, in the end only my team and Professor Glory remained. She demanded we also leave, but seeing how much she was struggling against the beasts it was obvious that we couldn't leave her. I already knew she was trustworthy so I choose to act now and explain later.

I sprang into action immediately decapitating one of the queens with dawn's ballad, while Regis attacked the other one. The professor was clearly taken aback by the wolf jumping out of me, but that didn't matter now. As both queens fell I saw them swelling. Everyone quickly took cover, but the professor got knocked against a rock by the explosion. She was out. Rushing to help her I suddenly felt two familiar signatures approaching.

Uto and Alea.

I could feel that Alea was weak and her signature was fading. Before I could do anything the floor shook as a huge hole appeared in the ground. Out of the hole came a panicked and injured Uto with a dying Alea in his arms.

Without a second thought I god stepped to them and began to heal their wounds. At first Uto was surprised but I revealed my horns to show him my identity. Their wounds were severe. Uto had been pierced in multiple places and his left leg was missing bellow the knee, Alea however was in a way worse condition. Both her arms were ripped off and her right leg was brutally destroyed. Her core was still intact but it was obvious that that was merely because she was lucky. Around her core were 3 hole indicating that she was pierced by vritra metal.

After I finished healing their wounds Uto began to give me his report the still sleeping Alea laying beside us.

"Sovereign Grey! I apologize for not being able to do the task I was assigned to do. I accept whatever repercussions this might bring. However I do need to let you know that you suspicions were correct as our injuries might have already told you. By the time I arrived at the lance's location she was already deep within the dungeon. Around 30 minutes ago she came face to face with Scythe Dragoth. He was the one who killed all her soldiers. I tried to stop him, but in the end I could only escape with her."

Before I could respond we heard a laugh from a nearby tunnel.

"Well, well who would have thought that the crown prince is here in this shitty continent playing a student?"

______________________________________________

Well, hello there!

I am sorry for not uploading yesterday! I am even more sorry about the fact that despite me saying that I am going to double upload today to make up for it I couldn't.
Worry not the double upload is going to happen sometime soon I just don't know when.

I was very busy today researching dorms and other college related things.

Based on that you probably already guessed and if you're in the discord you already know that:

I GOT INTO MY #1 CHOICE!!!

From September I am going to be attending ELTE Savaria!

I am going to try and get back into the rhythm of daily uploads from now on!

This has been Salty and see you all tomorrow!(For real this time.)