7. failed mistletoes.

Daisy was always a sentimental person. She would simply refuse to let go of any relationship that she cared about until she had tried anything. But something about putting James Potter in his place made her feel as though she didn't need anyone like him in her life.

She thought, "if the school golden boy could plant dozens of mistletoes everywhere I walk in pure desperation, can't I get anyone else, less arrogant, to do the same?

So, she walked right past him anytime he opened his mouth and magically removed all his mistletoes.

"Why don't you just walk under the mistletoe?" asked Marlee confusedly, shooting an exasperated look at a saddened James. "It's not like you'd ever agree to kiss him, even if you did stand right under it with him."

"I don't want to break tradition," shrugged Daisy. "It's nearly Christmas break!"

Christmas was, without a doubt, Daisy's favourite part of the year. She loved giving gifts almost as much as she enjoyed receiving them. She had already made a gift checklist for her parents, brother, Marlee, Gwen, Benjamin, the Weasleys, the Potters, and, reluctantly, James for the upcoming Hogsmeade trip.

"How long are you going to keep this up?" asked Marlee. "I mean, James has never looked so desperate. Aren't you going over to the Potters' for Christmas?"

"I can talk to Remus and Lily," said Daisy stubbornly. "I have enough on my mind without having to worry about Potter's ridiculous moves."

But the truth was, Daisy couldn't change her habits, no matter how big of a git James had been. She found herself wanting to forgive him, though she had no real reason to ... but not until he had proven his sincerity.

"Well, I didn't think about that before I invited the gang to eat at the Three Broomsticks all together ..." muttered Marlee. Daisy's jaw dropped.

"You're can't be serious!" she gasped. "I haven't talked to Potter in weeks!"

"And how long were you planning to go for?"

"I hadn't figured that out, yet ..."

"Right, well figure it out soon," said Marlee strictly. "I'm sick of him moping around in the common room when I'm trying to nap. See you in ten minutes at the front door so we can head to Hogsmeade, OK?"

"Fine," sighed Daisy. She ran up to her dormitory and grabbed a thick coat, fluffy mittens, and a beanie with a lion head atop it. She wasn't sure how some of her friends could survive freezing temperatures with merely a wool sweater and jeans but she definitely could not. By the time she had made it back to the front door, Gwen, Marlee, Benjamin, James, and her brother, Thomas, were all already there, looking slightly irritated.

"It's not that cold, Daisy," groaned Thomas. "Barely even snowing!"

"Snowing means freezing temperatures, Tommy."

"Looking beautiful as always," winked James. Daisy grimaced. She wanted more than ever to have a warm cup of hot chocolate in her hands and James Potter sitting at the opposite corner of the table from her. "You lot are all welcome to visit my house for Christmas, you know ..."

"Not this year," sighed Marlee. "I need to be at this event for Christmas."

"Me, too," nodded Gwen. "But I'll write to all of you. I'll write loads of letters, promise."

"I'm coming!" exclaimed Benjamin. James grinned.

"Well, Dad already arranged for Daisy and me to come," revealed Thomas. Daisy frowned. Her first choice for Christmas wasn't exactly the Potters' house, due to a certain arrogant boy, but other than him, the house was a paradise. With multiple floors added to the original cottage and rooms expanded magically by Arthur Weasley, the house was ginormous on the inside, filled with photos of the Potters, ranging from one corner of the house to the next. The occupants of the house were all some of Daisy's favourite people in the world: they were welcoming, kind, and very entertaining.