Monthiversary (pre s6)

Disclaimer: Some foul language and scenes are present. May not be suitable for younger readers!

--------

"Hey Chris! Welcome" he said cheerfully, as he opened the door.

"Hey hon-"she said stopping midway through the sentence. She was stunned! The living room was colorfully decorated and the smells coming from the kitchen were oddly too familiar to her. "What's going on?" she asked turning towards Street who was sporting a wide grin.

"I thought we could do something special for our monthiservary!" Mr. Dimples announced spreading his arms to gesture everything he had done

"Our what? What'd you do?" she was smiling now, loving his emotion

"Well...amor! I have something very special for you on the night we celebrate one full month together...one month since we became a thing!"

"A thing?"

"Exactly!" he said as he approached her and grabbed her cheeks, pulling her close to his lips. They kissed softly for a minute, until she softly pulled away.

"Does it involve a repeat of how the action started?" she giggled, "Coz I think this was it." she finished by throwing herself towards his body and wrapping her arms around his neck. The kissed passionately, until...

PIIING

The oven sounded to announce the meal was ready. The couple froze for a second, while giggling and rubbing their noses and foreheads. Street held on to Chris, as they continued to kiss in the middle of the entry way.

Some seconds later, Chris pulled away slowly again, but this time held her nose up towards the kitchen.

"What is that smell? Got me hooked!" she said still holding his hand

"Well," Street paused, as he led her towards the dinning table. It was beautifully decorated with all bright colors, resembling a Mexican feast. Plates, napkins, and even strings to tie the cutlery were of vibrant colors, yellow, red, orange, green and violet. "we are having dinner. I thought it be cool if we celebrate by feasting on your childhood favorite dishes!"

"What?" she asked smiling. Now she knew Street had something up his sleeve!

"Yes, mi amor. Luca and I met with your cousin Thomas to play some hoops and I won the bet. I beat him in a shoot out so he had to tell me your favorite dishes and games while growing up. So..." Street let go of her hand and took out a small piñata in the form of a small donkey, from the back side of the dining area. "He told me as a little girl you enjoyed beating up on this stuff, so...I got some gloves ready!" Chris was giggling at this point, arms crossed, head shaking slowly.

"And, wait!" he said as he slid over to the kitchen and opened the oven to reveal a delicious smelling beef shank. It sat bathed in a brownish sauce, lying on top of a bed of vegetables. He placed the large skillet in the middle of the table, as Chris savored the meal and inhaled the mouthwatering aroma with delight."Carne Birria...with... wait!" Street called as he quickly went over the rice cooker and retrieved the pot of freshly made white rice. She laughed softly. "arroz blanco, and..." he placed the pot next to the beef and once again returned to the kitchen, where he opened the microwave and retrieved a plate with a bed of warm tortillas. "tortillas caliente." he smiled as he placed it to the opposite of the rice. "Surprise!"

"Wow! You did all that? Smells delicious!"

"A comer!"

Chris stops again and frowns at Street. "A comer?" she asks him, giggling

"Si, mi amor!" he answered proudly still grinning

"You are so cute!" she said giggling

"Te ves hermosa!" he says as he retrieved a bouquet of Dahlias and handed it to her. Chris opened her mouth wide, receiving the flowers with delight. She used to love Dahlias because both her mom and Aunt Helena always adorned their house with them. The purple flower wasn't just a Mexican staple, it was the most beautiful memory she cherished of living with her mom. She immediately took a whiff of the petals and it transported her back to her toddler and early childhood days, walking home from school.