For Stris mourners

Jun-ly 32, 2022

Los Angeles, CA
US

Stris Fans,
Planet Earth

My dearest and saddest friends;

We get it. We understand. We fully comprehend your sadness and your despair.

Just like you, we loved that climactic moment, what everyone was waiting for. You see, we had witnessed their affection for a long time, but no one dared to catch us. They didn't want anyone to spot us, us together. It was our little secret. We couldn't let anyone find out about us. If we were together, seen, then...it all went out the window!

We are the ultimate witnesses! Do not believe those haters and fakers going around trying to dissuade you from the happiness and real feelings of that faithful night. Just like you, we were excited! We cheered when we heard the other guy said 'this is happening!'. They were finally letting go. We could be seen in public! Finally!

All the stares, the awkward silences, the touching, the comments, the flirts...yeah, we witnessed it all! Even those that you didn't see! Let us tell you: you missed a lot! But, what the guys behind the cameras showed you, we think is enough...for if you had witnessed what we saw and lived, wow! We would have a pandemic of Stris mourners, a true Strisdemic! (as if we don't have enough already, right?)

Some haters out there will try to convince you of their pain and suffering during that faithful night, but let us tell you it was a glorious symphony; a painting more valuable than every piece in the Louvre Museum combined; a magnificent tune that not even the greatest orchestra could create; a collection of scenes more perfect than any film you've ever watched...it was just marvelous!

And fan, don't worry, we are here to tell you, it was well worth it!To wait for so long, it was worth all the time they had to hide us! To witness it all with you by our side (or at least for part of the spectacle!) It was well worth it. Five years of non stop action! To tell you the truth both of us were tired. Just like you, we were running out of patience. We asked ourselves: until when?

We mimicked everything that was done, but no one saw it. We approved of every moment up close. We were excited every time we saw each other for we knew it was time for another show of love. We had nothing to do with their hearts or brains or exterior, no! We were the purest form of their affection. But...we felt sad when we were pulled apart. We wanted to remain together. Fan, you don' understand, when the two of us were together, they glowed and you smiled. All the angst, the suspense, the tender feelings... we felt it all and projected every single movement.

The film crew did a great job making us the star of one of the key takes of that faithful moment. It was a sign of pure genius...of art! As they moved, we moved. As they clawed, pulled, grabbed, kissed...it was the boat we road! A combination of passion and adrenaline mixed with the purest of emotions ran through their system as we provided a second show between the spaces that they occupied. We were a true mirror of their motions, as they devoured each other for hours on end.

One of us worked her magic as the other his. We moved in perfect symphony providing the magic of light and darkness. A second show! A reflection of the purity of the movement.

No pain, no cruelty, none of that gibberish! Nothing of what others call false notion of chemistry, rushed moment, disregard for the safety of structural forms...none of that! Pure passion, love and above all, our presence; to create a perfect pattern even in the most hidden corners of every inch of its surroundings.

At last, we promise you fan, we will do our best to be back in your screen. We know watching us created a sense of perfection for you. That you truly admired the job of those camera people, but trust us, we have always been there. We just wanted to save our best for your eyes and mind. We know you will never forget us, as you will never forget when our originators consummated their love. We wish for your patience, for the next time you see one of us, the other will be there too. That night, the figures became canon and we their two biggest followers.

Keep replaying the video! Keep reliving the moment! Don't let the sadness drown you. Be one of us! Not even an eternal shine can obliterate us because we will always follow their steps. We will always be by their side!

Sincerely,

'2 shadows'

*****

Author's Note: this piece is dedicated to my friend Mari and all of those fans still trying to get over the ending of season 5. I hope this piece helps you calm your meltdown! Put a smile in your face!