Double Date Trivia

"Hey, Street!" called Luca from the driver's seat of their patrol car "You staying in on Friday?"

"No, but I'll probably make it back home early. Why?" he answered intrigued, fixing his uniform

Patrol Day. The day he hated the most. He couldn't stand the Polyester, neither the cramped cars nor the crazy cases. He didn't enjoy having to deal with nut jobs, especially during the night shift. The worst bet they have ever lost!

They bet the night shift against 50 Squad in the Drift and Breach drill, but lost by .001 second. Out of everyone, Luca was the most dissapointed one. He couldn't believe his time was below the normal speed! He was so angry he told everyone that he didn't want to hear about it, ever!

So, from 10pm until 6am, 20 Squad was ordered to sport the short sleeved uniform and protect the streets of LA. 

"Hey listen! The app said I would get a package delivered by 8pm. So, if you're home by then, could you take care of it for me? It's super important Street!" he said desperately

"Yeah sure...can I ask what is it?" he asked curious

"Yeah it's part of the carburetor of my old man's 1975 Ford Thunderbird. Someone sold it to him cheap and he's fixing it up for an auto show next month."

 "You mean the auto show in San Bernardino?"

"Yup. My pops is super excited, so he's driving me crazy to get the ride ready!"

"Well, if I'm home I'll take it in."

"Wait." he said as he frown on Street, "Why would you be home so early? You doing good with Chris?"

"Yeah. It's just that...you know? I hardly see her for long any more, bro. She finishes her stuff so late, and I'm pulling all nighters doing overtime. By the time we get together, we're exhausted! Most nights, we stay in and order delivery, watch some Netflix. But...by the time we finish dinner, the TV is watching us!"

Luca smirked and shook his head. "Why are you busting yourself with so much work?"

"Well, now that we're together, I gotta start thinking about getting a place for us... but, I still got a bunch of past debt I gotta take care of."

"You're breaking up with me now? ...and leaving?" Luca asked with a sad face, then turned the frown upside down with a huge smile, as he slapped his partner's  arm, "I'm just playing. I'm happy for you, bro."

Street just smiled and shook his head.

"I'm glad you're taking this seriously, dude. But...u gotta ease off work a little. Have fun! She already up to her nose in work. If she sees that you do the same and don't take breaks, the relationship might go stale. You don't ever want a woman thinking you've settled."

"Yeah" he said taking a deep breath

"Listen, take her out on Friday. I got an idea."

"You already set us up, Luca! You gotta take a break, Cupid!"

"For you, bro? Maybe. But not for my sis!" Luca said giggling.

"That's cold, bro!" Street complained

"Listen, I got Tan and Bonnie tickets to Amour et Luxure, a restaurant and lounge downtown. I can get you in too. Y'all can double date. That way you don't fall asleep coz you will have company." Luca said excitingly

Street titled his head, thinking.

"Don't think about it too much, bro. You're going! Text Chris! My buddy Tommy is in charge of the kitchen there and he says they cook the bomb steak!"