Shivers 2.0

Author's Note: This is a continuation of the STRIS Bit titled Shivers, which was inspired by Ed Sheeran's song.  Enjoy!

*****************

"Passengers in flight 778, please make your way to Gate..." the overhead announcer called, while Chris stared out at the menu of the terminal's small bistro restaurant.

"That's us. Babe, you ready to order?" Street asked, snapping her back to reality.

"Um...uh...um..." she stuttered. She rested the side of her head on his shoulder, feeling the strap of his backpack on her ear.She bounced from item to item, unable to make up her mind.

"Chris?" he called softly.

A group of five teenagers stood in front of them, eyes glued on their phones. They chatted and giggled, sharing videos and other social media content from their mobiles. The one standing in the middle suddenly turned around to face Street, glancing up since the young officer had several inches on him.

"Dude, you can go! We still got no clue" he said, as the others shook their heads and giggled.

"Oh, it's ok. We're still looking too." Street said waving them off.

"Yeah, you're good." Chris added.

"Thanks!" replied the young man.

"Man! I don't even know." one of them lamented, shaking his head and sliding off his huge earphones with a red B shinning on its side.

"Dude, prices here are a joke! I'm afraid to order a full meal coz I might have to give them my liver!" another complained angrily.

"Ha! Wise choice of words!" Street whispered, making Chris chuckle.

They finally received their order and sat down near their gate. They only had 30 minutes before boarding, but Chris wanted to fit the extra munchies in her bag. Street held her tall cup of coffee, while she rummaged through the contents of her backpack. They decided to pack lightly with just a duffel bag and a backpack each.

He took a deep breath and glanced around. "I can't wait!" he said excitedly, with a smile. 

"You ever traveled outside of California? Like...not for work, obviously."

"Honestly, no. Only times have been doing UC and that time I got trapped in the airplane. How about you?"

"Not that I can remember, but tía told me we did go on a family vacation to visit relatives. I was probably a baby, I guess." Chris said shrugging her shoulders.

BZZZZT BZZZZZT

Street went to retrieve the vibrating phone in his pants pocket, so had to place the extra coffee cup on a nearby charging station counter. He took out the phone and read. Some seconds went by in silence as he read, twice. He opened up his eyes wide and smiled, showing a full dimple show Chris' way. Best way to start a weekend trip is always with good news!

"Good news?" Chris asked, breaking the sudden silence.

"Yeah." he paused to take a deep breath and nod his head. "Just Whip. He...um...changed our reservations. Says his fiance changed her mind, so we're not staying at the cottage." he paused. Then he puckered his lips for her to kiss and waited. She feel into his trap, as he wrapped his arms around her. When they pulled apart, he rested his forehead on hers and slowly continued.. "Aaaannnddd...this just got better!" he said with huge smile.

"What?" Chris asked curiously.

"They're accommodating us in a couple's master suite." he informed, with playful eyebrows.