Eve

Author's Note: This is supposed to be somewhere between season 3 and 4. Forgive me if the events don't go along with the show 100%. Enjoy!

*****

The cold winter breeze invaded the apartment greeting Officer Street, who came in exhausted, tired and...hurting. He groaned, as he locked the door behind him and dumped his backpack on the couch. He swung his keys over to the kitchen counter and stretched.

Groan.

Jim wasn't really thrilled to get Hondo's call that morning, after all today it was Christmas Eve. Last time they worked on this day it was pretty hectic and today... wasn't much different. The chasing, booking and paperwork were still a bummer!

Once the day was done, he couldn't wait to go home to have a quiet evening. He had planned a simple and cozy night, finally getting a chance to watch that awesome series that Tan highly recommended. No date. No drama. Just him, a pack of beer -or hot chocolate-, take out and a his TV. As soon as he felt Morpheus knocking at his door, he would sleep the night away and rest his tired body. The doctor did recommend he take it easy, for he had just finished physical therapy after pulling a hamstring chasing a crazy guy through a parking lot. What a way to start the Holidays. Geez!

So, he began taking off his jacket, slowly. Then, he turned on the lights in the kitchen and switched on his little Christmas tree. Luca was right, it did brighten up the place!

He wasted no second, as he took off his clothes while going from the living room to the bathroom. He finished with his underwear, throwing it from the bathroom door unto the side of the room, unfortunately missing the laundry basket in the corner. With the window wide opened, the cold breeze made him shiver, as he made his way unto the shower.

Warm water caressed his tired shoulders, as his back muscles, biceps and obliques pleaded for the comfort of the hot liquid. Slowly, the drops trickled down his bare body and provided the comfort it seek. He moved his hands through his skin, pressing down gently in several aching areas. Between the movement of his hands and the warmth of the water, the deep breaths reflected a body at ease.

He put on his favorite draws and tank shirt. Later, he closed some of the windows and parked himself in the couch.

Time to call for food!  he thought, feeling his body finally relaxed. He took a deep breath, satisfied with the long hot shower. His body sure thanked him!

He began scrolling through the options when...

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

What? Who could it be? Street asked himself, frowning in surprise. He wasn't expecting anybody. So...who could be knocking on his door on Christmas Eve? He shrugged it off and went to the door.

He took a peak through the peep whole and...GASP! No way! How?

He couldn't believe it. How did she find him? He shook his head, he knew better than to open the door to her. But...

Meanwhile...

"Christina, ¿para dónde vas, cariño?" ("Christina, were are you going, sweetie?") Helena called.

Chris had spent most of the evening eating with her family, enjoying the sing alongs and the traditional Mexican carols directed by her uncle Sarzo. After a couple of Tequila shots, the man was a natural soprano!

But...at some point, she wasn't sure when, her mind drifted off. She went back to HQ, with her teammates, right after Hondo had called it a night.

Hondo and Deacon were meeting with Hicks. They turned in all the documentation and briefed the high official on the operation, while the other four hurried out.