Blue Ink (after 2x02)

CHRIS

Hey! Can't sleep. You up?

Yeah, I can't either.

I can't get Ella off my mind..this sucks!

I hear you. Feel sorry for her.

At least she's with her mom and brother now.

Great job today, Street! 👍

You keep saying that, but Idk...I don't feel like I did much.

You did...and thanks to that she's back with her family

Wanna go for a walk?

Now? It's almost midnight🤔

Ok, then stay and look at your ceiling til the ⏰️ goes off

😩

Meet you at Fast Pass

Deal!

It took Jim just 15 minutes to grab his keys and head down to the 24hr convenient store located at a walking distance from the beach. Truth is, whenever he felt restless, he liked to sit by the water and listen to the waves crash against shore. Some people thought of it as romantic, but for him, it was soothing. He wouldn't dare go in the water, no sir, but a nice cold beer with the sound of the waves seem to have a magical effect on his soul.

He was surprised to see a lot of movement around the beach so late at night, but, then again it was a long weekend. He figured many of the people were just enjoying the holiday break. It was curious that nobody was actually in the water, though.

"Hey!" Chris called wearing her favorite denim jacket over jeans and flip flops

"Hey zombie!" he called with a smile

He wore his dimples accompanied by his leather jacket, sweat pants and tennis shoes. After greeting, they walked along the boardwalk, just 10 yards from shore. The sound of the waves was accompanied by the noise of various couples sitting in the sand, walking along the coastline and a small group of adults sitting around a giant cooler with speakers.

Street took a deep breath. "Thanks for making me feel useful."

"What do you mean?"

"Just...you know? I've been missing out, I know. But...I'm working hard to get back. I want you to know that." he said turning towards her. It killed him to know he was letting her down.

"I know...but you know it will take forever unless you talk with-"

"Chris, not again!" he complained interrupting her

"Why is it so hard for you to admit you screwed up? Just, man up!"

"I know what I did, ok?"

"Yeah? Do you?"

"Yeah...just let me do my thing first. I'm figuring things out my way, Chris."

"See how that went the first time!" she snapped

"C'mon, Chris! I screwed up, I know...but I'm working to amend it."

"Fine"

"Are you gonna stay mad at me forever?"

"I'm not mad, Street! I'm..." she paused as she stopped and went towards the hand rail. She rested her elbows while bowing her head. "disappointed!"

He stopped and joined her. "I know" he said slowly shaking his head