Why?

Author's Note: Hey reader! This Bit is inspired on STRIS fans' worst nightmare. But...wait! Don't go anywhere! It'll be good. Trust me. Just...have an open mind! Ok?

Don't forget to comment and vote. Happy reading!

********

STREET

Morning, babe!

Hey you!

Gotta a few minutes to talk? Wanna hear you. Miss you

Sure, bae

Pick it up!

RIIIING

"Hey! You didn't even let it ring!" Street said surprised

"I knew it was you. Hey, and uh...sorry I haven't been available to talk these last couple of days. It's been really hectic with the ladies and everything."

"Yeah, I miss you. After our dinner last Saturday, I haven't seen you."

"Sorry. I miss you too!"

"Are we still on for tacos tonight? It's Tuesday!"

"Can you give me a sec? I gotta attend something here. I'll call you real quick."

"Alright, bye"

Again? That's the third time she's had to hang up on me since Saturday! He thought dissapointed. He told himself not to worry because he knew their date had gone great and she was just busy with running everything in the safe house. He needed to be patient, that's all.

He was getting ready for work, as he finished his hair and grabbed his leather jacket. Luca had left early for work, so it was only Jim in the house. Just as he grabbed the keys of the bike and began putting on his jacket...

BZZZZT

BZZZT

BABE

Sorry, Street, but can't talk now. It's gonna be a long day.

I wont be able to make it tonight or tomorrow.

Ok, how about this weekend?

Can't.

We need to keep our distance.

I need space.

Whaaat???

[error]

Sorry🥺

Are you breaking up with me?

[error]

Over the phone? Chris?

Whatever happened, babe, I'm sorry!

Chris, please answer!

Chris!

C'mon, pick up! Pick up! he thought as he dialed her number for the fifth time in the last 20 minutes. I can't believe she broke up with me like that! What the hell did I do? She wont pick up, she wont answer my texts...this is a nightmare!

TIIIIN

"Street, suit up! We got a call!" Hondo yelled from the hall as the elevator doors swung open

"Yes, sir!" he responded. I need to talk to her. Oh God! Please let me talk to her!