Stars Aligned (after 4x02)

Author's Note: Dear Stris fan, I know the show left a couple of holes in Chris' story. So, this is my attempt at covering one of those up. Bare with me and use your imagination! Don't forget to vote and comment. Happy reading!

******

CHRIS

Hey! You were kinda quiet today. U ok?

Hi! Yea, having dinner

Oh, alright then. Say hi to Molly

I will, soon as I get home

[      ] 

Sorry, I didn't get that

It was a picture of The Bid Dipper and Venus

U'r  watching the sky?

Yeah...wanna join? It's a pretty show tonight!

Send me the pin

She knew the Salman Radek case really got to him, as even Hondo had to take him out. The situation with the kid resonated a lot with his childhood. He said so himself. She just hoped he was holding it together!

She wasn't that hungry, so she just stopped by the corner deli and ordered a tuna sandwich. She grabbed some chips and a beverage with it and hit the road. She figured she'd downed her dinner as she made it to Street's location. As she followed the GPS' orders she immediately found herself heading to a remote part of town, exiting civilization. She continued road after road after road, landing on the main highway. The route provided by the app led her towards a dirt road, just off the boulevard, heading towards LA's biggest natural reserve. She continued on the path for about 25 more minutes, passing through a tree way, until she arrived at a broken down structure off the side of the small road. The sun had come down and the road had no lighting whatsoever, so the only thing she had for light was reflected by her car's headlights. Pitch black ambient surrounded by trees. Sure looked like the perfect scenario for a horror film!

 It seemed to have been the typical truck stop during the late 1950s or 60s. The blackened walls and absent windows could've been the result of a major fire or explosion. She spotted Street's bike tucked behind the structure, almost hiding from the road. She parked and turned off the engine, grabbing her jacket from the backseat and putting it on. As soon as she stepped out, she heard Street calling.

"Chris?"

"Yeah!" she said looking up at him. He was standing on the roof of the structure, waving his arms for her to spot him. To his feet there was a medium sized portable site lighting device, which reflected his silhouette and some of his facial features.

"C'mon on up!" he said gesturing to the wooden stairs at the side of the back of the structure.

She climbed the stairs and made it to the top. The view was incredible, covered mostly by the thick line of trees. However to the far side, the moon reflected its beautiful charm onto the calm waters of the lake as the mountains stood quietly in the background.

"Man! This is great! So peaceful!" she approved as she paused to take it all in. "How'd you know about this place?"

"This? Yeah, it's been closed for years. Used to sneak in at nights here, especially when I was needing a quiet place to dry out."

"Oh! You hit the lake too?"

He shot a disappointing look at her, as they both sat down on the surface. Street stretched his legs and moved his spine backwards. He crossed his arm up above his head and rested in between them. Chris observed his every move, surprised he had placed a towel just beside him.