Shivers

Author's Note: this was inspired by one of my fave Ed Sheeran songs, which goes by the same title. Enjoy!

************

"Long day, huh?" Tan asked, opening his locker.

After such a long shift, Street was exhausted. They'd been running with the other squads all day! Two calls and a million papers later, they were finally getting ready to head home.

Luca had been in and out all day, but was long gone by the time Street got out of the shower, which only meant one thing: he was not coming home that night! He was probably going to hit it off all night long, especially since tomorrow he was excused with an all day appointment downtown.

Lucky him! thought Street. One of the perks of being high rank.

Deacon was headed to San Diego with Hondo, for a ceremony with other SWAT divisions from the state. So, basically the only ones stuck at HQ were Tan and Street.

Street yawned loudly, and nodded his head. "Yup!"

"I'm tired too, man! Running without the others is double the work." Tan complained, shaking his head.

"Yeah...can't wait for the weekend!" Street said lazily.

BANG

Tan slammed his locker door and nodded at face Street. He finished gathering his belongings and said good bye. When Tan was gone, Street continued to get dressed.

In the darkness of the locker room, he smothered on some deodorant, feeling the chilly breeze caress his bare chest. Some drops of water still trickled down his back, as his muscles continued to relax having been massaged slowly and tenderly under warm water. His feet stuck loosely in his Crocs, while he looked for his shirt and body products.  

BZZZZT BZZZZZT

He noticed the screen of his phone lighted up. Then, he heard the buzzing sound against the metal bench. He turned to where he had placed his bag, removed his cellphone from the side pocket and clicked on the speaker button on the screen.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey Jim! It's Whip." called a cheerful voice from the other end.

GASP

Street couldn't believe it! He was out of words. Whip? It had been ages since they've talked! He smiled and listened in, while continuing to get ready.

"Hey, man! How are you? Long time no hear" Street said delighted

"I'm good, I'm good. How are things going in SWAT? Still playing criminal and getting in trouble?" his friend asked jokingly.

"Nah! Those days are long gone." Street answered with a smirk.

"Oh, ok."

"How's life going for you? Last time we talked was like... two years ago, right?" Street asked, squinting his eyes trying to remember. He accommodated everything in the bag, and took out his socks, shoes and shirt.

"Yeah. You came by my trailer. Had some beers. Fun times...but that's not me anymore." The young man answered dryly.

"Oh?" Street asked surprised.

"Yeah. Met this girl about six months ago and fell for her. Man, it's been the best time of my life!" He said sounding excited.

"Really?" Street asked surprised.

"I never thought it'd be possible. A guy like me? No way! But she's a sweetheart. We did van life for a couple of months and...uh...we're getting married this weekend!"he said even more excitedly.