one year after 'The Wall'

"So...what's the plan for tonight?" Officer Luca asked enthusiastically.

Intense training all morning had finally ended and recruits were sent home. The young men and women of SWAT Academy were exhausted, as were their trainers. Luca had been in charge of conditioning exercises, one on one drills and others, while Officer James Street directed the efforts in the shooting and specialized tactic drills.

Sweaty and smelly, both officers came into the locker room. They couldn't wait for a long shower and to head home. For Jim, it was much more than just any other day. Tonight marked one year since that fateful night when she proclaimed her love to him. The night he had been dreaming of for five long years!

SLAM

"I don't know" Street responded nonchalantly, while they opened their lockers.

Luca turned to him with an angry frown, obviously disappointed and annoyed. "Man, are you serious? You got like half an hour before shift ends! You gotta come up with something!"

"It's not a big deal, Luca" he responded annoyed, removing several of his belongings.

"Really?" he asked mockingly, "Anniversaries are always a huge deal, dude!"

"Nah! Besides" he paused, "We're not your typical couple, anyway." Street said shaking his head and shrugging his shoulders. "We like to be relaxed and enjoyed the moment!"

Luca's eyebrows went backwards, while he shook his head in disapproval. "If you say so!"

"Of course! I don't know. Maybe I'll take her out for burgers or something." he said grabbing several items and heading to the showers, "Take out also sounds good"

"That's what you do every night." Luca responded rolling his eyes.

Street stopped and frowned surprised, then turned to him, "How do you know?"

"Coz that's what you used to do when we were roomies, remember?" Luca responded with a chuckle. "Some things never change!"

Street chuckled and shook his head. Soon he was gone and Luca was left alone, still gathering his things to hit the shower.

Several minutes went by, as he collected the last items. Suddenly...

SLAM

Sergeant David Kay came in a hurry, opening and closing the door to his locker in a flash. Luca almost jumped out of his skin, startled by the incoming officer.

"Hey Deacon! Something wrong?" Luca greeted, while Deacon quickly rummaged through the contents of the locker.

"Hey Luca!" he said hurriedly. "I...am...trying to find..."

Luca waited patiently, as Deacon continued to go through papers and things. He noted the urgency of the older officer, but was paralyzed. He had no idea what the man was looking for!

"What are you looking for?" he asked confused.

"Hondo" Deacon said, now going through his backpack. "This morning he gave me a report. I was supposed to turn it in after lunch."

"A report about what?"

"His baby's psychometric exam results." he said hurriedly, still going through papers and items. "They need it for a specialized daycare Nichelle wants for the baby. Annie recommended it." he stopped and took a deep breath. "Darn it!"

"Here, let me help you!" Luca said, approaching him quickly.

Between both men, it only took them a minute to find the envelope. Deacon raised it in the air triumphantly and dumped everything back in the locker. "Thanks Luca!" he said, while closing the door to the locker