Halloween Stripper II

Author's Note: Thanks to a faithful STRIS fan (Missy) for the inspiration. This Bit is a continuation of a SWAT Bit titled Halloween Stripper. Make sure to read that one to understand this piece. Enjoy!

*****

Disclaimer: may not be suiatble for younger audiences. Reader discretion is advised.

***

The paramedic pushed the stretcher unto the back of the ambulance as the young officer kept blabbing gibberish and moving his head from side to side. He was definitely out of it!

"Luca!" Hondo called as all five teammates stared at the ambulance. There were standing just a couple of feet away, still trying to process the recent events. Weapons still on their shoulders, and dressed in full gear, they watched as the medics attended their 'fallen' teammate.

"Yeah, boss" the older officer answered, sliding over next to him.

"Go with him. Make sure he doesn't lose any more pieces of clothing." he ordered, shaking his head and rolling his eyes.

"Yes, sir!" Luca said, holding back laughter, heading over to the ambulance. He got in and closed the doors behind him. The vehicle took off in a hurry!

Everybody else watched them speed off. Hondo then turned to the others, "Anybody got a hold of Chris?"

"No." Deacon responded shaking his head. "Luca better make sure to get anything he says about our perp. I'm thinking Diaz sprayed the fungi stuff on him to disorient him."

"Yeah, but how did he end up in the 16th floor?" Tan asked confused.

"You said your radio wasn't working all too well down in the basement, right?" Deacon asked turning to Cabrera.

"Yes, it was intermittent." she immediately responded.

"Well, he may have misinterpreted when I called the perps trying to escape through the back alley through 60th Street." Deacon responded slowly as they moved towards Hicks in the sidewalk. The older officer was engaged on an intense phone call.

"Ohhh, I see it now. He thought you were calling him and mistook 60th for 16. Man, he was probably already boozed up by then!" Tan added.

The group nodded silently, as they approached Hicks, gathering around for further instructions. The sea of reporters and the media had flooded the area, making LAPD set up a strong parameter. Two officers stood inside of the yellow tape, making sure no one dared to come across.

"Place looks like a circus!" Hondo said annoyed, "They don't even care that stuff is dangerous and that Street might  have permanent effects!"

"Uh, Hondo? It's worse than that!" Tan said with his phone in his hand. Everybody turned to face him, but before anybody could asked...

"Guys, Internal Affairs is here!" Hicks called.

Joke's over.

Sigh. Deep breath. It hurt when his lungs expanded.

His eyelids weighed a ton. His back and body felt like a thousand pounds. He couldn't really feel his limbs. His mind was flying somewhere far. Street moved his fingers slowly, as he began to wake up. His lungs definitely needed the help of the machine as the beeping increased.

"Hey! Hey, buddy!" he heard Luca's voice from very, very far.

He finally managed to open his eyes a bit, but his vision was very blurry. Little by little, it began clearing up, and he began to form Luca's face.