Shivers: Final

Author's Note: This is the final part of the STRIS Bit titled Shivers, which was inspired by Ed Sheeran's song. Enjoy!

---

"I can buy myself flowwweeeerrrrrsss....I can hooooldd myyy haaaanddd...I can love me beeetter thaaaan... yoouuu caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnn"

Chris' squeaky voice was not American Idol caliber, but..who cared? As Miley Cyrus' "Flowers" blasted from the radio, she sang along to the starry night. She was enjoying a beautiful cozy evening in the warm tub with a stunning view. She had stripped down to just a tank and undies, discarding her bra, which ended up hanging off a lamp or the edge of a table somewhere in the room. She had found the pack of beer bottles in the small fridge next to the lounging area and decided to celebrate on her own.

She underestimated the power of sobriety because after just one bottle, she was already singing off key! Not that she was a soprano anyway! Her rhythmic moves were questionable, but she didn't care. After a beer and a glass of wine from dinner, she was having fun all by herself. The water was inviting, the music was blasting, the view was incredible...she was truly having a night!

She was feeling it...so much so, that she got out of the tub and started showing off her moves. Twirling, shaking, jumping, swagging...she was a natural! Then again, anyone who's undoubtedly tipsy would probably have moves like Mike Jagger -in their own eyes, anyway!

If Street was going to be with the boys, throwing money at strippers, probably getting rubbed and kissed by strangers, then...why couldn't she have a little fun? It wasn't like she was going anywhere! She had been sober for years, but this was a special occasion. She knew she was strong enough to make this one exception, counting on Street helping her avoid any other drink in...forever!

"Can loveeeee me betterrrrr, I can loveeeee me better, babyyyyyy"

She dipped into the tub again, taking slow swirls all around. Her body was very appreciative of the hot water, as the temperature outside continued to decline. She rocked her head back and forth, moving her hips to the tunes and swinging the bottle from side to side. She decided to lay back against the wall of the tub, taking a seat in the first step, facing the glass window that overlooked the breathtaking mountain view.

Deep breath. "Wow!" she said taking in the scenery.

She looked to her side, found the remote control and clicked on the button. Bubbles began to appear, as the motor ran and created a penetrating soothing sensation. Chris took another long deep breath, closed her eyes and allowed herself to sink in the massaging water current.

"Mmmmmmmm" she mumbled in pure relaxation. 

An hour later, she found a cheese board with snacks in the kitchenette, next to the lounging area. She munched away on grapes, cheese, crackers, salami bites and strawberries, pumping up the volume of the speakers in the room. She began to dance towards the tub, munching on a piece of salami on one hand, while she held a glass of Chardonnay in the other. After all, she couldn't down so much glamour with just beer, right?

"Ooooooooooh, I love it when you do it like thaaaaat... when you're close... give me the shiveeeers!" she sang, doing the shimmy with her shoulders.

She continued enjoying Ed Sheeran's "Shivers", as she kicked back softly with her heels and mimicked a microphone with her hand, while holding the salami. She sang her heart out!

"...on the backseat... moon dark... Wrap me up...legs and arms...Ooh, I can't get enough" she closed her eyes and she could see herself in front of thousands of people, making smooth moves and singing better than the original singer.