Déjà vu

Cabrera was beyond exhausted! It had been a grueling day. Between training, chasing a perp, scaling to get in position, shooting down a car and carrying several tools for attack...she couldn't wait for a really good shower and to go home!

Just like her, Twenty Squad arrived at the locker room eager to get themselves washed up and cleaned. Groans, loud sighs and moans were heard throughout the room as the officers headed to the showers. Since Powell was still out sick, Cabrera had been filling in as the only female officer in the team.

SLAM SLAM SLAM SLAM

"I can't wait to get home!" she heard Street murmur, as many of the locker doors slammed.

All five of her teammates grabbed their belongings and headed out with towels and clothing, while she grabbed the last of her belongings. She took a deep breath and slammed her locker shut. When she turned to the bench, she noticed a cellphone lighting up in silent mode.

BZZZZT BZZZZT BZZZT

It vibrated as a pop up sprung on the screen. It wasn't her intention, but as she leaned to grab her duffel bag, she accidentally glanced at the phone.

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TOMORROW! YOU LEFT ME BREATHLESS

She read in her mind, frowning hard. She tilted her head back, while she looked all around her. She kept wondering who's phone was it and what did the sender meant with breathless. The more she looked around, the deeper the silence and the more awkward the moment.

She took a look at the rows of lockers, and noticed the phone had been left in the bench between Tan's and Street's lockers. She could only hope it was the former and not the latter!

The next day...

"Hey Alex!" Tan greeted, opening the door wide for her to come in. He gestured for her to come in, while hand drying his hair. " I'll be with you in a minute. Sorry!"

"It's ok. I'm not in a rush!" she responded, taking a look around the house.

It was the first time she'd visited Luca and Tan's place. She was impressed! To be owned by two guys, it was very cleaned and organized. She especially liked the beach decor and the pinball machine.

"Where's Luca?" she asked, while he went in to his room in a hurry. She stood in the middle of the living room, both hands in her pocket.

"Uh...he had big plans for today. Didn't give me much details since it was a spring of the moment kinda thing. You know how he is!" Tan said with a smirk, shrugging his shoulders. He came out and headed to the kitchen. "You want some water before we go?"

"Nah, it's ok." she responded, while he opened the fridge and retrieved a bottle. Actually..."

Tan continued to his room, where he grabbed his keys and wallet, then reappeared in the living room. He took a quick look around before locating his phone on the dinning room table. He turned to Cabrera, and noticed her uneasiness. She was pacing slowly back and forth in the same spot, pinching her lips shut.

He froze, frowning hard, "You ok?"

"Uh..." she stopped and turned to him. "Can we talk about something? But"- she paused- "It stays between you and me, ok?"

He frowned even harder, "Sure. What's up?" he asked. He took a big gulp of water, then placed the bottle down and then dumped his hands in his pockets.

"I can't believe this is happening to me again." she said, glancing at the floor, shaking her head.

"What is?" he asked, lost.