Sick Brat (after 4x01)

Disclaimer: This is a fun take that is meant to entertain. By no means do I intend to mock, taunt or disrespect anyone who has gone through Covid, the flu, influenza or any associated diseases. My thoughts and prayers for the victims of these or any other illnesses. Reader discretion is advised!

-----------

"I think I'm gonna die...ahhhh" Street said lying face down, as he couldn't even move his upper torso to flip face up in bed.

His room was a mess! He hadn't done laundry in over three weeks, so all his uniforms and work clothes were stacked in different spots across the floor. There was a lingering smell of smelly socks, sweat, male body products and strong body odor...all of which resulted in pure stench! No one in the house could remember the last time the room saw a broom, a mop or any kind of deep cleaning action!

SWAT had completed two grueling weeks of extensive training, seminars and patrol work, which resulted in excessive exposition to a high number of crowds in a city that broke the record for most Covid cases in all of the southeastern region of the country! One could not possibly pinpoint where or how Officer Street may have gotten infected, but he had presented symptoms since closing of shift last night. Even though they were tested regularly, none of the examinations had come back positive for Covid. Street went to the ER and did yet another test, but before results could even come back, the nurse had assured him he just had influenza, a bad cold. Indeed, some hours later, his test came back negative for Covid and he was dispatched.

All throughout the night Jim was restless. He couldn't think, couldn't stop sneezing, couldn't sleep well, his back ached horribly, his head thumped harder than the beat of 200 drums, and his stomach couldn't hold anything. He spent half of the night complaining about headaches and congestion.

Unfortunately for Luca, the hospital warned him of strict protocols he needed to follow. These dictated that he had to keep distance and keep Street secured in his room at all times. He could give Street a bucket to urinate inside, but needed to disinfect the bathroom every time he used the toilet and shower. Food and medication needed to be served with plastic disposable cutlery and plates, and the entire house needed to be disinfected every time he opened his door room. All of this, plus the complaining and the whining by Street was driving Luca crazy!

"Ahhhh...I'm gonna die!" Street complained through the closed door, as he sobbed loudly

"Bro, you're not gonna die! Relax" Luca tried to comfort him from the kitchen

"Luca, I'm serious...I can't even think! AAAAACHOOO!" he sneezed loudly, "Owwww"

"Gesundheit" (bless you in German)

Even though it had only been a couple of hours since they made it home, Street was already getting on Luca's nerves.

Luca tried to stay away from him, preparing the bathroom, taking out all the detergents and disinfectants out and ready, and bringing a bucket and some cold liquids to his room. He also went to the store and luckily found gloves, masks and shoe bags. He was beginning to really appreciate all the hard work the first responders were doing, every second of every hour!

"Luca!" called Street for what seemed to be the 100th time since arriving from the hospital. Luca tilted his head back, rolled his eyes and took in a deep breath.

"What happened, Jim?" Luca asked annoyed, while titling his head forward and placing both hands on the kitchen counter

"Can you roll me to the bathroom?" Street asked slowly, painfully as he sounded very stuffed

"Are you serious?" Luca asked frowning, now turning his head around, he went towards the closed bedroom door

"My back is killing me, bro and I... gotta go!"