Truth or Dare

Author's Note: This is for the hardcore STRIS fans. Kinda cheesy and romantic. A fun idea I had out of the blue. Just...keep an open mind! lol Thanks for reading. Enjoy!

***********

STREET

Hey! Good news

 Yeah?

Meet me at the pizza place down the block.

Ok, be there in 10

Perfect!

Carlos' Pizzeria was buzzing with people. The spot had become insanely popular among the young crowds, including college students and surfers. Everyone gathered for a good ol' slice of Americana. Every weekend they had a live rock music, happy hour and great specials that could suit even the most struggling budget.

Chris and Street made their way to an empty table in the corner. She already knew the guy up front, so she pretty much walked in. Carlos, the owner, was actually one of Thomas' closest friends, so she and Street were there most weeks. It was their favorite hangout spot, to chill and eat pizza.

"This place is great!" Street greeted coming in with a big smile, full dimple action.

"Maybe..." she began, "it's the company that makes it great!" she greeted, winking.

They shared a quick kiss and took their seats. Laura, the best server there, waved at them and showed them a thumbs up. She already knew their order by heart, since they almost always asked for the same: tropical personal pizza for her, meat lovers for him, two sodas and the desert of the day. Chris knew Laura from her teen years, since she dated her cousin for some time.

"So..what's the big news?" she said, turning to him.

Their table was perfect; not too far from the small stage, not too close to the overhead TVs playing the game of the night. They could focus on each other, but also take some breaks. Tonight there wasn't any live band playing, but all TVs were playing the state high school football rivalry game.

"I am going back to school!" he said proudly

She frowned. "What?"

"Yeah." he said nodding his head excitedly. "Hicks approved my request to get certified in ASL."

"ASL?" she asked confused.

"Yeah. Remember that case I told you about? The one with the deaf kid? I felt like if I had been able to communicate with him sooner, we would've caught the guys that were keeping his sister and may be able to save his mom." he lamented, bowing his head.

"You can't blame yourself, Street. You win some, you lose some." she said placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"I know," he responded looking up at her, "but he tried so hard. It took me forever to guess what he was trying to say. So...I put on a request to get certified. You know? Cabrera has Spanish pretty well covered, Tan Chinese; Deacon and Powell some French. I gotta be able to help with something. We shouldn't have to wait for an interpreter."

"So...you wouldn't do Spanish, but you're going all in for ASL?" Chris asked frowning.

"Spanish is hard! Like...have you seen the grammar? Horrible!" he teased.

"Hey!" she snapped, slapping his arm playfully.

Street giggled, "Besides, I got you, so...you can be my personal teacher! Mae..ais...trow" he said, finishing with a smile. He perked up his lips and leaned towards her.

"Maestra! Female." she corrected him, shaking her head in embarrassment.

"Whatever! Kiss me." he ordered, closing his eyes.