Correspondence (1x12)

Damn!...this is so difficult! I have no idea what to say. Dying is not something I usually talk about.

POW

Maybe...nah! No way I can talk to mom, she's as much help as this gun.

POW

POW

Ok, so...it's like a farewell, right? Like, I would write about all the great memories and stuff? Man! If that's the case, I'm screwed! What the hell would I write about?

POW

POW

Wait! How about writing about the people I've met. Talking about them would probably be more interesting. Coz my life's kinda pathetic!

POW

POW

I could talk about my training in LBPD, my undercover stuff...yeah! That could work!
I think I hear something. Oh wait. Chris? Lemme take off the headset...

....5 minutes later...

She's right! I gotta do this. I don't know if someday I won't make it back. Then, again, who would miss me?

I don't think I have a kid somewhere, I've been pretty careful... and I don't have a girl in my life now. So...well,now if only had...nah!

After everything she's done for her career and how much she dises me, I don't think...unless...I mean, she's starting to warm up. So, maybe she's right! I'll write the letter to her. Maybe by writing it, I can set out my own fate and for once call my own happiness...not the crap that I have been living.

A really long shower is what I need, so I'ma head up and get myself clean. I have a ton to write.

...35 minutes later...

Uffff! man! That was a much needed shower.

Now, I got the notepad and pen. So...um...damn! What do I write? There's nobody in the kitchen, maybe I can fix myself a PB&J sandwich to get the juices flowing. Maybe watch some reruns on my phone, get my mind moving.

...20 minutes later...

Working in the range really got my hunger spiked, this sandwich isn't gonna cut it. I'll take it and maybe complemented with some loaded fries, a side of cole slaw and a piece of pie. I'll hit the food truck near my apartment.

Mmmm...I'm so smart!

...1 hour later...

Woah, man! I'm stuffed.

Looking around, it's a really nice night. Couples enjoying their meals, kids laughing with their parents, a group of guys shooting hoops across the street, and...then, there's me! Lonely duck sitting out here just looking pathetic.

Wait! I know who would enjoy some of these loaded fries. But wait...what if she snaps back? Like in the park? I don't want to seem desperate, or like a player. A dawg, as she called it. Then again...nah! I better leave her alone. We are in good terms and I don't want to screw it.

Let me walk it off! Maybe walking can clear my mind.

...3 minutes later...

Well, would you look at that? Lovely couple. He's brown haired and she's skinny with black short hair. Oh my God! I gotta get a grip!

You know what? Screw it! I'm going all in for her. I'll text her, see if she wants to come.

...20 minutes later...

"Hey Street!" she made it!

"Hey Chris!" gotta hide the excitement, can't let her think I'm a weirdo

"Did you finish the letter?"

"Actually," let me choose my words carefully, "I was hoping you could help me with it."