3

Jungkook pov

I fell back on my bed exhausted.

The day had flown by.

I somehow managed to cram weight training, three classes, and a three-hour practice into twelve hours.

I should have been able to go straight to sleep, but I had a project due the next day and I needed to shower and run over to the architecture studio to add some finishing touches.

I allowed myself to close my eyes for a few minutes I must have drifted off to sleep because my phone woke me I looked down.

Mom. I didn't want to answer, but I knew she keep calling if I didn't.

"Hi, Mom."

"Hi, baby. You sound tired."

I chuckled. "How can you tell from two words?"

"I'm your mother, Jungkook."

I smiled. "I guess I'm a bit tired. It was a long day."

"Well, you should take a hot shower and go to bed."

"That's the plan," I lied.

"Good. What time should we expect you tomorrow?"

I squeezed my eyes closed. I wished I had an excuse not to go to busan.

But I didn't.

Thanksgiving was two days away and there was no excuse my mother would accept that would get me out of it.

"It'll be late," I said.

Technically, I only had one class the next morning, but I wasn't going to be in a hurry to get home.

"Okay, honey. Will you bring Natalie?"

I let out a breath. "No, Mom, we broke up."

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry. She seemed like a lovely girl."

"Yeah. She is."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. It was me. Not her."

"Well, don't worry, Jungkook. You'll find your person one day." It wasn't lost on me that she said person and not girl.

I desperately needed a change of subject. "So, who all's coming for Thanksgiving dinner?"

"Well Gramps and GiGi are going to Aunt Sarah's this year and Grandma and Grandpa Jeon are not feeling up to the drive. Of course, I invited the parks, but Julie's working all weekend so she can take some time off over Christmas."

The parks. Jimin and his mom.They won't come, I thought to myself.

Even though our moms remained the best of friends, Park Julie hadn't accepted an invitation from my mom that would put Jimin and me in the same room together for years. But no one ever talked about it.

Everyone just pretended like every thing was fine.

"So, it looks like it'll just be you and me and Dad, which might be nice for you. You can take the next few days to rest," my mom said.

I squeezed my eyes shut and crinkled my nose. An entire dinner with my father without a safety buffer sounded excruciating. I let out a sigh. "Okay."

"I'll be glad to see you, Jungkook. You get some rest tonight and call before you get on the road tomorrow."

"I will, Mom."

"Love you, baby."

"Love you too, Mom," I said before I hung up the phone and threw it down on the bed beside me.