30

Jimin pov

I grumbled as I stepped up into his truck. "What the fuck, Kook?" I shook my head and looked at him sitting behind the wheel of his pickup.

He smiled at me and it pissed me off a little. "Seriously, are you fucking crazy?" I asked.

Jungkook shrugged. "Maybe."

I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Look, you're the one who wanted us to be a secret. If that's gonna happen, you can't invite me to visit with your high school friends. It's weird."

I wasn't going to lie.

I loved the idea of Jungkook coming out. I loved the idea of never having to sneak around again.

But that wasn't what was happening.

He cleared his throat. "I just thought you needed to get out of there."

I whipped my head towards him. "I needed to get out?" A sarcastic laugh rumbled from my lips.

"You're the one who looked like you were about to throw up at any minute."

Jungkook brushed the sweat off his brow with the back of his hand.

"I was." He shrugged. "But I was dealing. I just thought ..." he said, looking out the window.

"You thought what?" I asked, staring at him.

"I thought you needed out. I figured that was the first time you mentioned to your mom that you may not want to go to medical school."

"She looked surprised. You looked like you felt like shit. I just thought you may need to escape for a little while."

I laid my head back on the seat and closed my eyes. That was not what I expected him to say.

I hadn't expected him to know exactly what I needed and give it to me.

It scared the shit out of me.

I managed to lift my head and smile at him. "I'm sorry. Thank you. So, what now? Were you really going to meet people?"

He grinned at me. "Hell no."

"So, what then?"

He shrugged as he pulled out of the driveway. "We'll figure something out."

"Okay." I sighed.

As we approached the stop sign to leave the neighborhood, Jungkook slowed down and reached over to lay his hand on my knee.

I looked over at him. He turned to me.

"You look good tonight," he said.

I smiled at him. "We could go back to my place. Our mom's will be in your living room drinking wine for the next several hours."

"Nah. Let's go out," he said.

"Where? Everything's closed."

"The bowling alley, the movie theater, or Clyde's ... we have options."

I raised an eyebrow. "You know that everyone will talk."

Jungkook shrugged again. "I don't give a shit. What's your preference?"

"None."

"Clyde's, I guess. At least we can drink there," Jungkook said.

Clyde's was the only bar in town.

I never been. I guessed Jungkook hadn't either.

I was nervous walking through the door until I saw Donovan at the bar.