42

JIMIN POV

I was lying in my bed with my phone in my hand.

As soon as I saw Jungkook's name on the screen, I accepted his call. I wasn't even sure if it had time to ring.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I answered.

" Yeah, I am. Are you okay?" His voice sounded weird, but I could not tell if it was a good weird or a bad weird.

I cleared my throat. "Yeah."

I was about to apologize again for the way things went with Joon but I wasn't really sorry for telling Joon I was gay.

I was sorry for something though but I wasn't sure what.

Sorry that it was so hard for him.

Sorry that he was hurting.

Sorry that I may have screwed everything up.

I couldn't make myself say all those things.

I could hear him breathing.

He wasn't saying anything.

I wasn't sure if he needed to say something to me or if he needed me to say something to him.

I finally gave in.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"My dorm room and You?"

"I'm laying in bed."

"Oh yeah, what are you doing?"

There was a lightness to his voice.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me," he whispered.

"I'm on a group text with Jen and Beck," I said knowing he get a kick out of it.

He burst out laughing. "Jenny and Becky from high school?"

"Yep."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

I put him on speaker and scrolled back through my texts.

"Well, Becky is trying to decide if she wants hair extensions and is sending pictures of possible outfits for tonight."

"Apparently, they're driving over to Ash tonight to some club."

"Oh, and Jen keeps sending me screenshots from her Tinder feed I've been giving thumbs up or down."

Hearing Jungkook's laughter float across the phone line made me feel better. "You know you shouldn't encourage them," he said through his laughter.

I shrugged. "Eh, they're kind of fun, actually."

He got really quiet.

I started to say something until he cleared his throat. "I came out to Joon today."

I immediately sat up and took him off speaker. "Are you okay?"

He sighed. "Yeah I'm really good He was so cool about it, I should have done it a lot sooner."

I nodded my head and realized I needed to say something.

I swallowed. "I hope I didn't ... I mean, did you feel like you had to because of me?Did he guess?"

I heard him let out a breath.

"Isn't this the part where you're supposed to tell me how proud you are or tell me that I'm brave or something?"

I sighed. "I'm sorry babe you are brave, You always have been And I am proud."

"I just don't want you to have to rush into anything because of me."