32

Jimin pov

Jungkook and I left busan a few minutes after noon. I was emotional.

Mom and I had a long talk. I explained to her why I was having second thoughts about med school.

She tried to be supportive, but I could see the disappointment in her eyes.

On top of that, I was overwhelmed by my feelings for Jungkook.

Sure, I known most of my life that I loved him. But that was before.

That was before I ever had any hope of being with him.

That was an unrequited sort of love. Things had changed.

I looked over at Jungkook as we drove down the rural highway on our way. Something was weighing on his mind too.

"You okay?" I asked.

He turned, looked at me, and smiled. "Yeah, monkey. You okay?"

God, he was beautiful. His dark, doe eyes.

His lips that were so fucking kissable.

It was hard for me to believe that I was even with him then.

Riding in his truck. Him holding my hand. It felt surreal.

"Yeah," I said, looking out the window.

"Sometimes, when we're together, I look at you and wonder if this is all real."

"I feel the same," he said, raising my hand to his lips and gently kissing it.

"I thought maybe we could stop in ash for lunch. What do you think?"

"That sounds great," I said, squeezing his hand.

We were both quiet as we pulled onto the interstate.

We were quiet as we drove to Ash.

We were quiet as Jungkook pulled off the exit into Ash. It felt peaceful, but also a little unsettling.

"So, where do you want to have lunch? Pick anywhere you like. It's on me," Jungkook said.

I shrugged. "Whatever sounds good to you. They have everything. There's a Panera up there on the right. Or if you want Asian, there's a Panda Express further down."

"What about that place you were always bugging your mom to go to when we were kids?" he asked, smiling at me.

I laughed. "Grove Park Inn?"

"Yeah, what about that place?"

"Uh, I doubt they have lunch. Plus, it's crazy expensive and I'm sure we need a reservation and we're not dressed ..."

Jungkook pulled off the road into a gas station and interrupted me.

"Let's look it up and see," he said, taking his phone out of his pocket.

There was no way we were going to the Grove Park Inn. It was true that I always wanted to go there.

But Jungkook didn't get it. It was a huge resort.

There was probably a restaurant that served lunch, but it would be out of our price range.

I put my hand on his phone. "We're not going to Grove Park."

"Why not?"

I laughed. "How do you even remember me talking about that?"

"I remember everything, Baby," he said, grinning.

I shook my head. "Okay, so what if we just walk around downtown and when we see a place that looks good, we eat there?"

Jungkook furrowed his brow. He looked disappointed. "Are you sure?"