18

Jimin pov

As soon as he left, I went back to bed.

As hard as I tried to go back to sleep, I couldn't.

I just laid there grinning like a love sick teenager.

I couldn't help it. I loved how we left things that morning.

I knew I still needed to guard my heart but I couldn't stop smiling when I thought about the possibility of spending more time with Jungkook.

I laid there for over an hour before I gave up on sleep and decided to go for my morning run.

It was cold out, but the sun was shining, and it felt great as I started to run.

The perfect day for football, I thought with a smile. I even ran an extra mile before walking downtown to pick up a cup of coffee for Taehyung and me.

When I got back to the apartment, he was sitting at the kitchen table with a scowl on his face. I laughed as soon as saw him.

"Good morning, sunshine." Tae was not a morning person.

He grimaced. "God, how can you be so happy this early in the morning?"

I chuckled. "It's after nine."

"You're making my point for me," he grumbled. I put his coffee in front of him and walked towards my bedroom.

"Not so fast," he snapped.

"You owe me a long story, remember?"

I looked back at him. "Can I shower first? I'm guessing you don't want to smell me right now."

"Good point," he said. "Shower, then talk."

As I showered, I worried about what I would say to Taehyung.

I trusted him completely, but I'd also made an implied promise to jungkook to keep his secret.

I wasn't going to betray his trust.

It wasn't my secret to tell.

But if Jungkook and I were to see more of each other, I would need to talk to him about telling Taehyung.

I wasn't going to lie to him, he meant too much to me.

As I dressed, I decided I would tell as much of the truth about Jungkook as I could without outing him.

When I walked into the kitchen, Tae pushed my coffee across the table.

"Sit and start from the very beginning and end with last night." I grabbed a protein bar and sat across from him.

"Or this morning, judging by the goofy grin on your face."

This is going to be harder than I thought. I sighed.

"Jungkook moved in next door to me when we were six, and he was pretty much my best friend until we started our senior year of high school."

Taehyung narrowed his eyes. "Okay, and what happened senior year?"

"A lot of things. But I guess the most important thing was that I told him I was gay."

"And what happened?" Tae asked.

"He stopped speaking to me."

Tae cleared his throat. "Is that all?"

"Isn't that enough?"

"Did he ever hurt you?"

"God, no, other than my feelings. He would never, not physically. He wasn't like that. He's not like that."