31

Jungkook pov

As we pulled into Jimin's mother's driveway that night, the security lights flooded the pavement.

I put my truck in park and Jimin took off his seatbelt.

"Text me in the morning?" he asked, reaching for the door.

I grabbed his arm. "Wait."

"Why?"

I ran my thumb over his bicep. "This is the softest sweater I've ever felt," I said, feeling stupid.

He chuckled. "It should be."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Mom gave it to me for Christmas."

"It looks good on you."

Jimin shifted in his seat to face me. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

He studied my face for a second. "Okay. Well, I guess I'll talk to you in the morning?"

I shook my head. "No. We're waiting."

Jimin cocked his head. "Waiting for what?"

I cleared my throat. "Waiting for the security lights to go off so I can kiss you. I've been dying to do it since you came through my parent's front door tonight."

"Kook," he said, staring at me.

"I don't think I really noticed until tonight how hot you've gotten."

Jimin laughed. "Shut up."

"It's true," I said looking out the window.

"I think I've always been attracted to you. I still remember the day I met you. I was mesmerized by all the colors in your hair."

Jimin laughed again. "I think you've had too much to drink."

I looked over at him "No. I haven't. You just don't see it. Everyone noticed tonight." Jimin shook his head.

I ignored him. "Donovan, Becky and Jenny, Misty. Hell, even John noticed. The stupid prick didn't even recognize you."

Jimin shrugged. "Whatever, I just got contacts. They're all used to seeing me with glasses."

I shook my head. "It's not the contacts It's everything. The way your body has filled out. You're bit taller."

"It's the way you carry yourself. It's the person you've become. I mean, the way you handled that whole deal with Jen and Beck."

"Hell, by the end of the night, you were exchanging phone numbers, following each other on Instagram. I'm pretty sure they're competing to see who can claim you as their GBF first."

Jimin threw his head back and laughed. "Kook. You don't know how you would have reacted. You have to remember, I've been dealing with this for almost five years. By the way, I'm proud of you for knowing the 'gay best friend."

"I know, right?" I said, smiling at him.

"I mean it though, Baby. It's weird. Maybe it's because I watched your transformation gradually over the past few years."

He wrinkled his forehead. "What do you mean? We've barely seen each other."

"That's not the point. My point is, this morning, in the treehouse, you said, something like, if I were out, I could get any guy I wanted."

"But you have everything backwards. It's you that could have anyone you wanted. I feel lucky. I just wanted you to know that,"

I said as I reached up and pushed a stray hair out of his eye.