26

Jimin pov

I tossed and turned for an hour after he left. I was exhausted, but I couldn't sleep.

I wasn't just mad at Jungkook the night before, I was mad at myself.

I was mad at myself for falling for him. I was mad at myself for losing my shit when I saw that picture.

I was mad at myself for wanting more.

I was the one who told Jungkook he shouldn't come out until he was ready.

The truth was, I wasn't sure Jungkook would ever be ready to come out.

That thought terrified me.

Every single time he woke up in the middle of the night or the early hours of the morning, and snuck out of my apartment, my heart broke a little.

I need to figure out how to manage my expectations, I told myself.

If I didn't let myself hope for more than what he could give me, I would not be disappointed.

I rolled over on my back and let out a breath. At least he promised not to see anyone else.

Maybe it was good we were going home for a couple of weeks. We wouldn't be able to see each other.

Maybe some time apart would give me time to get my emotions in check.

My phone rang, startling me out of my thoughts. I was surprised to see that it was Jungkook calling.

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey," Jungkook rasped and cleared his throat.

"Is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just wanted to see what time you were planning to head out."

"I guess as soon as I can get motivated to get out of bed, shower, and pack."

"I'll pick you up in an hour."

I quickly sat up in the bed. I was sure I'd missed something. "Wait. What?"

he laughed. "I'll be over in an hour. Get up and get moving, sleepy head."

"Jungkookie."

"Jiminie."

"Um, did I miss something?"

He chuckled. "No, I was just thinking it was stupid for us to drive separately when we're going to the same place."

"But your parents? They'll think..."

"They'll think what? That I gave you a ride home. So?"

"But Tae's still here. He'll probably still be here in an hour."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"I don't care, Jimin. I mean, if you don't. Tae won't care if I give you a ride back back home, will he?"

I let out a sigh. "Of course not, but he'll ask a lot of questions. I don't like lying to him, Jungkook."

"So, don't lie."

"But I don't want to I mean, I promised you I wouldn't say any thing." I stumbled over my words trying to figure out what was going on.

"I know. Listen, I'm not ready to tell the world about us. Wait. That's wasn't fair. I'm not ready to tell the world about me."

"But I realized this morning that I've been selfish. I haven't been thinking about you. My issues don't have any thing to do with you and you shouldn't have to lie to Tae."