55

JUNGKOOK POV

I was nervous as I drove to the stadium.

Normally, I would have walked but honestly, I didn't want to run into anyone.

I could see the worry in Jimin's eyes when I kissed him goodbye.

I didn't want him worrying, so I tried to pretend that I was not  I didn't have one regret, I just wanted it all over with.

After I parked beside the stadium I walked towards Coach's office, hoping I wouldn't run into anyone on the way.

I was early, so it was doubtful that anyone from the team would be there.

As soon as I reached the hall way, I saw Joon sitting on a bench outside the Coach's door.

"What're you doing here?" I asked.

He smiled and shook his head. "You really think I wouldn't be here?"

"You ready for this?" I sat down on the bench next to him.

He pulled me into a hug and knocked me on the back.

"As ready as I'll ever be," I said.

"You got this."

"I'll be right here." Joon replied.

I nodded and stood to knock on the office door.

That's when I heard Coach's voice bellow through the door.

"Larry, jesus I'm not an idiot."

"I get it, Just give me a chance to talk to him."

I looked back at Joon, He shrugged. "He's been on the phone last ten minutes."

"Holy shit."

"Are they talking about me?" I whispered.

Joon grinned. "Everyone's talking about you, dude."

I shook my head and nervously knocked on the door.

Coach opened the door a few seconds later.

His face was bright red.

" Jeon! Jesus, fuck Get in here Larry, I'll call you back."

He raced behind his desk and pushed a button on his phone, presumably hanging up on the Athletic Director.

"Ass in the chair," he said, motioning to the chair in front of his desk.

"What the hell? Is there some thing wrong with your phone? I've tried to call you a dozen times."

I cleared my throat. "Sorry, Coach I haven't looked at it since yesterday afternoon."

He rubbed his hand over his red face and shook his head.

"You do realize this is some thing that you should have discussed with me first?"

I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. I wasn't in the habit of talking back to my coach but he was already pissing me off.

"No, sir, I didn't know that was a requirement."

"I guess I thought my life was my business."

" they have been up my ass for the last twenty-four hours."

"You could've given me a heads-up, for christ's sake!" I watched at least three veins pop from his forehead.

I swallowed hard.

My throat felt dry.

My heart was racing.

He wasn't the only one who was pissed. "Look, Coach, if you want me off the team just say it."