𝐈𝐌 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐄

requested by strngur tw: child abduction

tw: child abduction

YOUR POV:
After school, i'd often walk home with Finney and Gwen, but i didn't today since Gwen was going to her friends house and Finney had to hurry home to take care of his dad.

So i strolled happily up the road, enjoying the sound of comfortable silence, that is until i rounded the corner. I watched as a man shoved a boy into the back of his van. I looked at the boy and recognised the blue sleeves and my eyes widened.

FINNEY

I snapped out my trance as the black van was beginning to drive away, I began running after it. "FINNEY!" I yelled and tried to run faster but my legs soon gave in and i fell, watching as the van with my best friend in rounded the corner. I knew it had to tell someone, so i quickly hurried home.

As soon as i stepped foot in my home, my parents looked at me questioningly. "FINNEY WAS TAKEN!" I yelled, my dad looked absolutely pissed, my mum furrowed her brows. "What do you mean?" She asked gently and i rubbed my face out of exhaustion. "I saw Finney get taken" i whimpered. "What have we said about lying?" My dad asked angrily. My jaw dropped.

"Why would i lie about this? My best friend is gone, we have to find him!" I shouted and my dad gripped my arm. "Your friend is perfectly fine, now get the fuck upstairs before i beat your ass, you're completely insane" he shoved me towards the stairs, I rubbed my arm in pain and looked at my mum for help but she just shook her head in disappointment.

"Im not insane!" I huffed and stormed upstairs to my room before slamming the door and falling onto my bed. I screamed into my pillow in anger and then broke down in tears, worrying about Finney. If nobody else is gonna believe me and find him, i'll look for him myself.

Later that night when my parents were deep in sleep, i put some warm clothes on, along with a rain coat and jumped out my window, getting on my bike and riding off. I drove around the streets trying to find the black van Finney was pushed into.

I rode a little further and my eyes widened when i saw a boy. Not just any boy, it was Robin. He didn't look right though. His face was pale/grey, blood coated his dirty clothes and covered his face. It gave me a scare and I screamed and fell off my bike, falling onto the concrete, which was wet from the rain. I looked up and Robin was no longer there.

I turned my head and saw a house, it looked normal but...something didn't seem right. I slowly walked towards it, jumping over the fence to get in. I hope I hadn't woken the kidnapper or anything. I looked around the house until I spotted a small window, i crouched down and looked inside.

I saw Finney, sleeping on a musty mattress, he didn't look like he was in a deep sleep, so I started banging on the window until he eventually opened his eyes. He looked around in fear and his eyes met mine, a smile came across his face. "Y/N!" It looked like he yelled it but I could barely hear him, i raised a brow and tapped my ear, letting the boy know I couldn't hear him that well.

"Is it soundproof?" I asked, wanting to know if he could hear me. And thankfully he could because he nodded. I got up and told him that i'd be back. I walked around until I eventually found a heavy rock. I picked it up and threw it at the window, smashing it instantly, no doubt i made Finney flinch. I peered over the side and smiled. "Come on, Finney!" He had a smile but the smile faded away and his face filled with fear.

He was looking at something behind me...

I slowly turned to see a man in a creepy mask and screamed when he grabbed me. "LET ME GO, LET ME GO!" I cried but he sprayed something in my mouth, making me completely black out.

I woke up in someones arms, with a bit of a blurry eyesight, i could tell it was Finney holding me. "Finn.." I whispered and he looked down at me. "Thank god you're okay!" He said and my lip quivered. "I'm sorry I couldn't save you..." i sobbed and he quickly shook his head at me.

"Hey, no don't be sorry. It was the grabbers fault, not yours, love" he reassured and stroked my back a little. I melted into his touch and my head rested comfortably on his chest.

"How'd you know where i was?" He asked and i took his hand. "I saw you get kidnapped, i would've stopped it but i was in shock then the van was way too fast for me" I began explaining and Finney nodded, letting me know to continue it. "And basically...i told my parents and they didn't believe me so i just snuck out to come and find you" I finished.

Finney smiled weakly. "Thanks for coming to save me, even if you didn't technically save me" he teased making me laugh. "I'm still sorry I didn't get you out in time though, now what do we do?" At that moment, the phone began ringing. I sat up immediately and Finney stood up. "Hopefully its not Vance again..." i heard him mumble.

"Vance?" I asked myself and i heard him talking to someone, i think it was Robin because he began doing some fighting moves to hit the grabber with the phone. When they were done, he put the phone down and wiped a tear and completely disconnected it. "We're doing this for Robin, Bruce, Griffin and bi- the paperboy" he muttered determined.

I smiled at him, he looked so confident, then he looked at me. "I won't let him hurt you, not again" he reassured and kissed me on the forehead. I guess I wasn't insane about all this after all.