Moe #5 (part two)

Requested by @kaylawolf_offical, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

A few weeks had passed since you had entered the tavern but Moe still thought of you. It was great to see you again after all these years but he just wished that he could've talked to you, maybe then that would shed some light on what you meant by hating people who drink or whatever you said. Oh, if only he could see you again.

He was at the kwik-e mart picking up groceries and essentials when he spotted you again. He gasped under his breath. 

"She must be local" He thought to himself with a grin. He was a little nervous, but he fixed himself up a bit and approached you and tried to talk to you, but we all know how that always goes for him.

"(y/n)!" He cried and you turned your head. You squinted a little at him and then you remembered him as the barman you ran into the other night. "H-how do you know my name?" You asked with wide eyes.

"Oh" He stopped and froze as he realised you didn't remember him. "Don't you remember me? College? I'm Moe Szyslak!" He smiled and put his hand out for you to shake.

Your nerves calmed a little after this. "Oh, you were that creepy guy, weren't you?"

"Yeah, i was" He chuckled and looked around awkwardly. "Emphasis on WERE. Anyways, how are you now?"

"I'm doing great. You own that tavern, don't you?" You asked with a smile.

"Yeah! I do! What were you doing there the other day?" He asked, but then he was interrupted by Apu.

"Mr Szyslak! I got your usuals!" He sais with a cheerful grin as he displayed an array of illegal and immoral items. Moe froze in horror and you felt really uncomfortable now.

"Oh, uh, you know what? I really should be at work right now" You made a quick excuse as you paid for your stuff and then left. Moe felt like tearing the hair out of his head right now, but in the end was too disappointed to do anything.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Apologised Apu. "Were you trying to...you know? Impress her?"

"It doesn't matter" Moe sighed. "She would've found out at some point. I don't think i would ever have a chance with her"

He went back to serve at the tavern. None of the usual patrons came in tonight so he was on his own. As he wiped down the surfaces, the door squeaked open and looked to see someone. It was (y/n)!

"(y/n)? What are you doing here?" He asked and rubbed his eyes in disbelief as he thought that you didn't really want anything to do with him.

"To hopefully order a drink" You smiled and sat down. He got up to serve you when you continued. "And to hopefully finish our talk"

"Our talk? You're actually interested?" He asked in confusion.

"Well sure" You shrugged. "You're interesting. So, how are you?"

"As bad as i look"

"That bad?" You joked as you both laughed. He then remembered something crucial and spared no time in asking you.

"Say, the last time you were here...?"

"You want to know what i was doing?" You asked and he nodded his head. "Well i came in for a drink, but then i saw my ex was already here" You frowned.

"Oh, it's cos i thought you said something like you hate people who drink?"

You raised an eyebrow and then laughed. "Oh no, i don't hate people who drink! It's that my ex is a jerk, he would get abusive when he drank" You explained.

"What? He was?" He felt anger when you said this. Sure, he was a weird creep who has no issue with watching women, but to hurt someone with you was just off limits.

"Well yeah, but it's fine, i broke up with months ago. Say, how about that drink?"

"Oh, sure coming right up, doll" He smiled and poured it for you. The place was empty that night and so that gave you a chance to talk and catch up with each other. He eventually walked you home when it got late and he had to close the bar, but you were sure to thank him. How? With a kiss he would never forget.