Disco Stu #2

Requested by @cherishtheday, thanks for requesting! Hope you like it.

"Oh, (y/n), i can't wait for tonight! It's gonna be so groovy! Trust me, you'll LOOOOOVE this place!" Your boyfriend Stu grinned and giggled like a school girl as he led you by the hand into his favourite disco. You had both been out for a light and casual dinner together earlier and he thought it would be great to end the night at his favourite place, the disco of course. Only trouble was that it wasn't your favourite.

The place was lively enough, there was a beat blasting in the background and people were grooving under the huge disco ball. It seemed alright but you weren't really feeling it because you weren't a fan of disco. It was your love for the seventies that attracted him to you as he could see from your long hair and dress sense, but that was it, you were more of a hippie and you preferred classic rock to his music. Oh, how were you going to tell him tonight?

You found a seat at an empty table and quickly sat yourself down. He, of course, was moving as soon as he got in.

"Uugh, i love this song! Join me for a dance, (y/n)!" He offered and put out his hand for you.

"Er, no thanks, just let me finish my drink" You smiled weakly and he believed you.

"Oh, of course! And then you can boogie!"

"Uh, yeah, yeah"

He left you alone for the time being, but knew there was something up when half an hour went past and you still weren't finished with your small drink.

"Let's dance!" He smiled and prompted you to get up, but you still weren't budging.

"No thanks, I'll just watch you while i finish this"

"(y/n), there's nothing left in that glass" He raised an eyebrow as he thought this was weird.

"Oh my, silly me!" You laughed pathetically. "I'll get another" But he stopped you before you could get up.

"(y/n), you haven't moved or even grooved all night! What's wrong?" He asked in concern and sat down.

"Nothing, what makes you say that?"

"Well why don't you want to join me for a dance?" 

You sighed. "Well, Stu, truth be told, i don't like disco. I hope that doesn't come as too much of a shock to you..Stu?"

The glass in his glasses shattered when he heard these foul words come out of your mouth as they kept replaying over in his head. I.don't.like.DISCO. How do those words even go together?

"Stu?" You waved a hand in front of his face to try and get a reaction from him.

"Why? Oh why??? Isn't there ANYONE else out there in this world who doesn't hate disco?"

"Stu, i don't HATE disco"

"But you don't like it! You just said so! Isn't that the same thing?"

You shook your head. "You know i love the seventies, but it's just that I'm more of a hippie, you know, a longhair, and so i just don't know how to vibe to disco, but maybe you could explain it to me? You explained to him.

He listened eagerly and a smiled showed on his face when you said this. "S-sure!" He grabbed your hand and helped you up and you both started hustling! He showed you a few more dances and you finally started to get into the music as you moved your body to the beat. You were glad of this because it meant you had something else in common with him!

A slower song played and you both did a slow dance together as you listened to the bee gees. Boy, did they know how to give major vibes to a love song. You got closer and kissed under the bright disco light together.