Mr Burns #13

It was Friday night tonight, but you weren't going out. You couldn't even be bothered leaving your station where you worked at the power plant. You just say there pouting with your head in your arms. You didn't even realise work had finished and Mr Burns was closing up the power plant for the weekend.

Speaking of Mr Burns, he was making his way through the power plant to go home. Smithers was already sitting in the car outside waiting for him to hurry up. As he passed everywhere in the plant, he noticed everywhere was deserted, except for in one door. He could hardly believe his eye's. Work was finished for the day and someone was still sitting there with her face buried in her arms. She obviously wasn't in a good mood.

"You there!" He cried, startling you.

"Huh?!?" You panic.

"What are you still doing here? Work is finished! Why aren't you going home?" He asked, coming closer to you.

"What? Oh, I'm sorry Mr Burns! I didn't realise!" Your heart started to beat faster . Mr Burns could be pretty darn terrifying.

"What is it that's the matter with you, hmm? Are you sick? Then you should be home! Can't have you spreading it to your co workers! Or maybe you were sleeping on the job?"

" Oh no, neither of them sir, I'm just not a great mood. Or a good mood even for that matter"

"I see. Then pray, do tell what is troubling you" he actually looked concerned for once, which was a strange but somehow good feeling.

"It's Lenny. He broke up with me"

"You were courting Lenny Leonard? And you're now surprised it ended in disappointment?"

" Well he's a nice guy. He just told me we didn't feel right though. Right now he's probably at Moes tavern, drinking and not sparing me a single thought " you sighed.

"Hmm" he thought for a moment. "would you feel better if I were to take you out?" He offered. You were amazed he asked you this. Was he for real? You could tell by his eye's he wasn't joking.

"You?" You ask.

" Well yes! Why not? What's the matter? think I'm not hip? I don't have enough vo-dee-oh-doh? "

"It's just very kind of you" you smiled. He was kinda cute for an old man.

"Well, what do you say?"

" Ok then" you shrug and throw your coat on.

"Excellent! Let's be off then my dear" he smiled and linked his arm with yours.