Marge #2

"Gee, Patty, Selma it's sure nice of you to do this for me when things are like this" Marge said with a weak smile as her sisters showed her to her room.

"We knew it was bound to happen at some point, better sooner rather than later" Her raspy voiced sister replied as she took another draw of her cigarette. Marge had broken up with Homer not that long ago and desperately needed a place to stay during the divorce. Marge was grateful for her sisters letting her stay with them, though she wished they wouldn't revel in her anguish like this, though to be fair, it wasn't her they wanted to see unhappy, it was Homer, but at least they wouldn't have to see that ape any more and he was glad he wouldn't have to see the "gruesome twosome" anymore so it was a win-lose scenario to be honest.

Lisa chose to stay with Marge and Maggie of course had to as she was to young to have any say in the matter but Bart was with Homer for the time being.

"Aunt Patty, that's not a very nice thing to say" Said a rather hurt looking little Lisa.

Her Aunt was still completely unphased as she took another puff of her cigarette. "Well it happened and there ain't much you can do about it now, kiddo. Your dad moved on and found love again, or at least someone to cook for his fat face" She rolled her eyes as she made this snide remark. "Why shouldn't your mom?"

"I just don't feel ready yet" The blue-haired woman sighed as she put Maggie to bed for the night but she pondered upon her sisters words. Of course they had to taken with a pinch of salt as both her sisters just spewed venom most of the time but she actually gave consideration to having someone again.

A few weeks later, a long time after the divorce was finalized, Marge decided to take maggie for a stroll in the park. It was a cold day so there wasn't many people there except for a few kids. The weight of the whole scenario weighed heavily on her mind as she sat down at a park bench and let Maggie watch some ducks. Both Bart and Lisa were at school so it was just those two together. She thought all about the whole thing as she sat there. She needed to get out of the house for a while to clear her mind and today was the perfect opportunity. She still kept thinking about what her sisters said and she really wondered if it was time to find someone new. But she needed someone perfect, not just someone to make her husband jealous, she needed someone she had a real connection with. For a moment the thought of her past flame, Artie Ziff popped into her mind but she quickly shook her head at the realization that that was never gonna work out.

As she pondered on it, she never noticed you going past. It was cold but a clear and sunny day so you also decided to go for a walk and the park was a perfect choice. As you strolled past, you came to the bench she was sitting on and you locked eyes as you walked on by. She gave you a smile which you swiftly returned and you then noticed her baby and the way the little cutie pie was waving at you, it just melted your heart.

You then saw that the kid dropped her teddy bear and looked at you in despair to pick it up. And so you did. "Here you go little one" You smiled at her and her mother smiled back.

"Gee, thanks" She said gratefully. "Maggie seems to really like you"

"Well that's sweet" You answered as the baby hugged your ankle. "I'm (y/n), by the way" You introduced yourself and put out your hand for her to shake.

"I'm Marge, what are you doing out here on a cold day like this?"

"Well it maybe cold but that winter sun is still shining and i figured i could use some exercise. I could ask you the same thing"

"Well, truth be told" She scratched the back of her neck. "I felt i needed to get out of the house for a while"

"Oh?" You sat down next to her and she got to talking about how she had recently undergone a divorce and about how she was living with her sisters and you listened to her tale and introduced yourself as well. You two really hit it off and you laughed, joked and talked the afternoon away.

"Well" She said, eventually getting up. "It was great meeting you, (y/n)" She smiled affectionately.

"It doesn't have to end like this you know, wanna grab some coffee or something? A bite to eat?" You offered in hope of getting to know her more.

"Well, i am a tad hungry. Sure, why not?"

She grabbed your hand and you both went off together.