Edna Krabappel #1

You were a teacher at Springfield elementary. You were fairly new but over time you had got to know the rest of the staff pretty well and you really got on with them, especially one. Edna Krabappel. All the time you worked there, you had a certain chemistry with that particular lonely tutor, and after a bit of convincing from your other fellow co-worker, Elizabeth Hoover, Mrs K asked if you wanted have dinner with her tonight and you said yes. You said yes! She was excited about this but also a bit wary as she had been let down before in the past but was just glad she had some company tonight.

You were going to her place as she was cooking dinner and you were really looking forward to this evening. You didn't know what to expect really but you didn't expect her small and dingy apartment but you didn't let that put you off. You knocked on the door of her apartment and patiently waited for her, flowers in hand.

She was still getting ready and was just putting on lipstick when you knocked at the door. "Oh!" She jumped a bit, making her smudge her makeup a bit but she quickly wiped it clean. "That'll be (y/n) now" She smiled and got up and opened the door to you.

"Ah, Edna" You smiled. "These are for you"

She looked surprised and strangely overwhelmed as she didn't get flowers or gifts of any kind very often as she gratefully accepted them. "Well thank you, dear" She smiled happily. "Now come on in" She said seductively, holding the door open for you.

She let you in an sat you down at a small table and and put the flowers in a vase before checking on the food and swiftly returning and seating herself opposite to you and grinning dreamily.

"Nice place you got here" You stated, trying to make light conversation as you both waited for the food to cook.

"Oh, don't kid yourself, this place is a dead end hellhole that i wouldn't be living in if i didn't have to live on a teachers wage" She rolled her eyes as you were only lying to yourself in her thoughts.

"Isn't that true for all of us?" You laughed though you secretly knew she was right, but tonight was a special night you weren't gonna waste by complaining.

"Ha! But seriously, thank you for the flowers, they really brighten the place up" She smiled.

"Yeah, they do that" You said as you looked around and saw that they really gave some life to the place. As you looked around, you saw an interesting picture of a young man she had framed and you picked it up.

"Gordie Howe, huh? You a fan?" You asked as you studied the picture.

"Who? No, that's my old lover, Woodrow" She sighed and clutched the picture to her chest.

"No, this is Gordie Howe, Canadian hockey player?"

She looked shocked and confused and didn't know what you were suggesting. "Wh-what? No, b-but he told me his name was Woodrow and this is what he looked like! He sent this picture!"

"Have you ever actually met him?"

"No" And that was the moment she realised she was duped. Tears came to her eyes as you immediately saw she was hurt and bitterly disappointed that someone would do this to her.

"Hey, don't cry" You said softly and tried to wipe her tear away. "I'm really sorry"

"*sniff* he was perfect! I was sure he loved me!"

"Well maybe this was the wake up call you needed, i'm really sorry it had to be this way for you, but in the meantime, why don't we just enjoy this evening together?"

She smiled weakly and that lit up her now red eyes. "Sure. I would like that" She said as she got up and you put your arms gently on her shoulders. You smiled back and gave her a kiss and you both enjoyed your dinner together that evening. She would never forget the time she knew Woodrow but she was looking forward to a future with you.