Chapter 39

Nancy, Robin and Steve sneak up the stairs toward the attic. Immediately catching their eyes was Vecnas body, dormant as it hovered above the ground by an anomaly that resembled spider legs.

Nancy looks towards Steve, and then to Robin, exchanging nods before raising her sawed off and aiming it to a tee at Vecnas head.
"For Barb." She says before pulling the trigger.
His body fell without delay, but no matter how much pain he seemed to be in, his skin was tough like leather and so the bullets barely broke the surface.
There was, however, a fleshy open wound left oozing with blood that looked black like tar. It bled across his face as he desperately tried to crawl towards the trio, leaving himself open and vulnerable for more.
"Keep shooting at his head, Nance!" Steve shouts, "Robin, the molotovs!"
"R-Right!"
As Robin unloads her bag of molotovs, Nancy aims precisely for the wound, shooting once and then twice before finally, Robin and Steve begin to torch him.

Bzztt!
"Anybody copy?! We have a situation!" Erica shouts over the walkie-talkie.

But, over the sound of gunshots, Ericas pleading went unheard.

Bzzt!
"What's up, tiny Sinclair?" Eddie asks.

"Tiny Sinclair?" Dustin mocks with a smile.
"Yeah, I mean...do I even need to explain?" Eddie says as he watches the bats out the window.
"No, no...just- everybody has a nickname except, you know, me. So?"
"Hm, okay. How do you feel about...annoying little sheepsy?" Eddie teases, throwing a brotherly arm around Dustins shoulders but Dustin only shrugs it off.
"How about, forget I asked."
Suddenly a bone chilling sound could be heard from above their heads.
The sound of claws scratching at metal.
"Uhhh...they can't...get through that little hole, right?" Dustin asks, but before Eddie could answer, the head of a bat squeezes through, screeching loudly and causing Dustin to cover his ears.
Eddie grabs his spear and thrusts it's pointy end into the bats skull before taking his shield and pushing it into the ceiling, like a lid.
"That could've been bad." Eddie says with a soft chuckle and his hands proudly situated on his hips.
"Is there anymore of those?" Dustin asks.
"Shit."
Eddie runs in the direction of his bedroom where bats had already started to swarm.
"Shit, shit, shit!!" He slams the door closed but it's old wood was no match for their razor sharp teeth.
"What do we do now?!" Dustin shrieks.
"Uhhh-" Eddie clicks his fingers as he tries to think but the awful sound the bats make, made it hard to think at all.

Bzztt!
"Y/N is literally getting taken-!" Erica finally responds but it cuts off, short.

Eddies head whips up towards Dustin, as Dustins eyes only stare back, almost sadly. The bats stay getting closer to ravaging the door, completely.

Bzztt!
"Erica?...Hey! What do you mean?! Talk to me!" Eddie starts to panic, "What's happening over there? Where's Y/N?!"

"Eddie...the bats..."
Eddie looks up towards the door again, the bats heads were now visible as they try to fit through the bite sized holes.
"You need to go help Y/N and make sure she's okay." Eddie says in a plainer voice than usual, "I'll stay here and buy the others some more time."

As much as Dustin wanted to disagree, he just couldn't. So, he nods.

Dustin began to climb the rope, but stopped halfway to look down. Eddie only stared back with a smile, until Dustin had made it through the gate, looking up from the other side.
"Take good care of her for me." Eddie says with a salute.
"What?" Dustin mutters, "Hey- no, no, no! What are you doing?! That wasn't part of the plan! Eddie!!"
Eddie pulls at the rope until it falls onto the ground beside him, leaving Dustin no choice but to leave him behind; and with a face wet with tears, he does.

Meanwhile,
You kick and hit at Jason's chest as he tries with all his strength to get you into his backseat. His grip on your wrists began to hurt, of course, he doesn't think twice about it. For all he knows, you're possessed.

"Gods sake, Andy! A hand, please?!" Jason yells over his shoulder and over comes the other jock.
"Don't you dare." You spit.
"Look, Y/N..." Jason starts, "He's not going to hurt you, I'm not going to hurt you...we are not your enemy here! Don't you see?!"
If it weren't for the crazy in his eyes, you would probably give him the benefit of the doubt. But, as he hovers only inches over the top of your body, almost foaming from the mouth like some rabid dog, you feel scared. You're left looking fearfully into his eyes like prey as he stares back, impatiently waiting on your compliance.

His eyes drift down at your chest when it begins to rise and fall with panicky breaths, noticeably sweaty from all the fighting and the resistance, when suddenly, his eyes catch a glimpse of something out of the usual.
"What the hell is that?" He asks, fiercely.
You look down, wondering what got him so heated when regrettably, you see Eddies necklace draped across your collarbone.
"...Don't- hey!"
Jason snatches it off your neck, before standing up straight and holding it up in the air in front of his lackey, laughing manically as if he found something amusing about it.
"You think she's free from that freaks possession now?" The other jock asks.
"Let us see..." Jason says, peering down at you, "You still think you're in love with Eddie-freak show-Munson?"
"Madly." You spit.

Jason's face visually tenses up in anger before throwing the necklace across the street, landing somewhere in the grass by the playground. He leans down in front of you again, his stormy eyes now pierced deeply into yours as he says, "Wrong answer."

Not particularly excited to know what the consequences were, you send a kick to Jason's groin, making him tumble backwards against Andy. You watch as they fall like dominos onto the pavement before taking this chance to turn over onto your stomach and crawling across the backseat until you leave through the other side, making a run for it through the trees.