Chapter 28

Wrote this chapter after the mayhem and all I gotta say is :(
________________________
Eddies hand runs through your hair as he tightly holds you against his chest, a big smile spread across his face.
"Woah, do you hear that?" You whisper against his body, making his smile drop instantaneously.
"Hear what?..." He asks back, his voice was riddled with worry now as he tries to hold you even tighter.
"Shh! Listen..."

"Let's hope they're okay and found the gate safely."
"Or! Let's hope they didn't because in what world would that be safe?!"
"Point taken."

Eddies arms slowly ease, allowing you to pull away and tiptoe away and towards the familiar voices.
"Tsk- gotta hand it to him...Even when he's not here, he still finds a way to steal my thunder." Eddie sighs.
"Dustin? Lucas?!"
"Hey, hey, hey! Not so much noise okay? I don't want Dustins voice to be the last thing I hear when a bunch of demon bats rip me to shreds." Eddie says as he rubs your back to calm you down.
You follow Dustins voice, leading you down the stairs and into the kitchen where you see nothing but the same, usual cruddy mess of a house and no sign of Dustin anywhere.
"I could hear him..." You mutter as Eddie joins your side.
"I thought I could too..." He says.
Looking around for any clue or explanation, you're met with nothing. Nothing but a glowing chandelier in the middle of the room.

You remember back to when Will was in the upside down and how he communicated through lights. He used Christmas lights, ceiling lights, lamps and even small night lights.
Pausing on that thought, something clicks.

"Hey, we missed you guys up there." Robin says from behind you, now. You turn around to see her with a devilish grin while Steve and Nancy stand on either side of her. Their faces looked just as satisfied, a small smile on both their faces as they exchange funny looks between each other.
"What?" You ask.
They only shake their heads, and walk past you. Steve, however, pats Eddie on the back as he does.
"Heard every word, buddy."
"Jesus Christ dude, really?"
"Yeah but hey, you're definitely more of a romantic than meets the eye." Steve chuckles, "I was worried for a moment."
"You think I did a good job? Expressing myself, I mean...I don't do that a lot."
"You got the girl, didn't you? She's a tough one, too. So I'd say, you bet your ass you did."
Steve pats Eddie on the back one last time before noticing that a random and at first glance, insignificant chandelier had your undivided attention for a while now.
"Hey, everything...okay? Over here?"
"Steve..."
"Yeah?..."
"The- the light...it's...glowing?"
You reach your hand out to touch the glowing aura, the particles danced amongst your fingers as you twiddled them, giggling at the strange feeling it had.
"Heeey~ Y/N." Eddie says, "I don't know how I feel about you getting all handsy with this Vecna dudes particles like that."
"Eddie! Guys!- You have to try this."

Steve looks at Nancy before the two of them raise their arms towards the light, fingers twirling in the glowing mass before Robin and Eddie join in.
"Woahh..." Robin stares wide eyed and mesmerised by the sensation, evidently more impressed than Nancy seemed to be.
"It...tickles?" Eddie says.

"What's the bet they're gonna do something stupid?"
"Oh, I don't think that's something you wanna bet on."
"They wouldn't really go into the gate...would they?"

"Woah, hold on- Dustin?" Steve peers into the light fixture.
"They're not in the light, Steve." Nancy says as she starts to mentally put the pieces together, "They're in this room...in our world!"
"Thats trippy." Robin adds.
"Right? If this is anything like Wills situation, we can use the lights to talk to them just like he did! I- I wasn't sure at first but this has to work." You stutter, speaking too fast for your mouth to catch up.
"Right. Anybody know Morse code?" Nancy asks, looking around at everyone for a single yes but instead, only gets glimpses of uncertainty.
"Does S.O.S count?"

You watch as Eddie proceeds to move his fingers in and out of the orange aura in a set of taps, his face was focused as he bit down on his bottom lip, careful not to lose his tempo.
His devoted concentration and the way his eyes shine even in a dark room, made you smile.
"So...You and Eddie, huh?" Robin whispers.
"Robin!"
"Just sayin'." She backs off, "It's about damn time."
"Hmph." Eddie huffs as he pulls you closer, a proud smile on his face. "Still quicker than you."
"What're you getting at, Munson?"
"Oh nothing, Just that Vickie-"
"Okay! Can we not do this now?" Nancy interrupts, "We need to get out of this shit hole and fast."
Robin and Eddie share glares before Eddie starts his Morse coding over, beginning from start as his other arm stays perfectly locked around you.

"-Erica! Are you even listening?"
"I'm listening! but you know how you said that Vecna moves through the lights? I think he's here."
"S...O...S...Hey, guys...You know how I said I hope they found the gate? Yeah, well, I think they did."

"Yes! They got the message!"
"Way to go, Dustin." Eddie says, smiling like a proud father.

"Guys! If you can hear me- meet me in Mikes room! I have an idea!"