Chapter 32

After getting everybody through the gate at last, you all decided to chill at Max's trailer just across from Eddies.

"I don't think Vecna was planning on killing me, but maybe warning me, instead?" You say with uncertainty. You sat on the couch beside Eddie while Steve sat on the couches arm, leaning over you.
"Warning you about what?" Nancy asks from another arm chair across the room. Robin was standing beside her, with Dustin and Lucas but Max only stood off in another room, listening carefully.
"I think...the end of the world." You mutter, "He showed me visions of Hawkins and everything was on fire and- and then he..."
Eddie notices you getting worked up and places his hand on your thigh, rubbing it up and down as his other hand reaches around your waist. "It's okay, take your time."
You sigh as you take in Eddies comforting touch before finally looking him in the eye and saying, "He showed me how you'll die."
His brows furrow together, taken aback by your words. "Well he's tricking you." Eddie says, "Id never leave you alone in a world like this, you hear me?"
Steve watches as Eddie tries to reassure you but something in his face didn't seem reassuring, at all. He noticed that Eddies hands began to tap nervously as he spoke, but only after that particular sentence; and the second you averted your attention to Nancy again, is when Eddies smile immediately dropped.
As offbeat as Steve found it, he kept it to himself.

"Y/N..." Max starts as she turns into the living room, "When we were walking from skull rock to lovers lake, did you...hear anything?" She asks, bringing light to the time she noticed you looking at nothing in the woods, the same direction she had encountered the clock for herself.
You pause to remember but you couldn't really recall. You had thought you heard something at the time, but it was so faint that it almost passed by you.
"I think so? I mean- I don't know." You shrug, "If I'm being honest, sure I heard something but it was almost like it was...defected."
"What do you mean?" She asks.
"You said you hear a clock, right? -like the other victims did and well, I think I heard it too but I couldn't be sure because it was like it was fighting to just be there...like it was frail and weak." You say before placing your hands over your face, "Ugh, I don't know what I'm saying."
"And then...through the woods and again on the road to Eddies?" Max asks and you nod, her eyes beginning to light up, strangely. "We're connected."
"What?" Steve shakes his head.
"Yeah, what?" Robin adds.
"Y/N is only affected when she's near me, doesn't matter if we are together or if we are in two seperate dimensions. As long as we are parallel in some way or another..."
"She's being channeled through shared trauma..." Steve finishes, his face lighting up too, now.
"So, Vecna is channeling you on...accident?" Erica asks, finding it hard to believe.
"No, it makes sense." Nancy says as she stands, "With Kate Bush creating a sort of shield around Max, Vecnas mind-thing must be deflecting off of her and onto Y/N instead, because they share the same exact past and the same exact trauma...no, this is good!" She says, excitedly.
"How is this good, Wheeler? How, the mother-lovin shit! Is that good?" Eddie shouts as he holds a hand over his tired eyes, trying to contain his growing irritation.
"Because this will give Max a fighting chance against Vecna. If Y/N can tune into his mind games while he tunes into Max, well...two heads are better than one, right? Isn't that what they always say?"
"No." Eddie responds, plainly.
"What do you mean, no-?"
"No, because what I'm hearing right now is that you wanna throw two girls into the ring with Vecna and hope for the best. One of them just so happens to be my girlfriend, by the way!"

"I'm your...girlfriend?..."
He looks down at you now, as the room falls completely silent.
"I mean...yeah, if that's okay with you?" He says, getting lost in your glistening eyes as you start to smile.
"Guys, come on." Dustin says, "Save the flirting or whatever is happening right now for literally any other time."
Eddie rolls his eyes and sighs, leaning back against the puffy couch, stretching one arm around you and propping his leg up on top of his other. "Do you always have to do that, Henderson?"
"Do what?" Dustin smiles, innocently.
"Be a total pain in the ass, that's what."
"Anyways- back to the topic at hand!" Robin spurts.
"Right, so I don't know about you guys but that sounds like a pretty good start to a plan." Lucas says.

The room falls silent once again but Nancy being Nancy, steps up.
"We...are going to need a shit-ton of weapons."
"Hmph, now we're talking." Eddie huffs. "Hey, Red. You got a mask? A balaclava or something...?"