Chapter LVII: Magic

You know when the woman finds out she is pregnant in the movies or television shows and the man freaks out and either leaves her or panics with the finances? Try having four mates. Finn was currently keeping me in bed. My head on his chest as he read out loud from the first Harry Potter book.

Kol was downstairs with Nik and Rebekah as Kieran helped them look for how this is possible and to see if they could figure out the voice I was hearing. Even if I wasn't hearing that voice right now, they were making it their priority next to the pregnancy.

But the most surprising one was Elijah. He was currently in his study reading pregnancy books. I know, he's always into reading- but him reading a book about the pregnancy was beyond crazy. He made my OBGYN appointment for today, had me take an actual pregnancy test and has been making sure I had a prenatal to take along with the unlimited amounts of ginger tea which has been helping me with my nausea.

"He brought the umbrella swishing down through the air to point at Dudley – there was a flash violet light, a sound like a firecracker, a sharp squeal and next second-"

"Do you miss having magic?" I interrupted him. His hand pausing as it was stroking through my hair as he held the book in his other hand.

"I do." Finn answered simply. He looked back to the book but let out a sigh as he placed a marker in and placed it down. Wrapping his other arm around me. "There was a rumor- that once you complete the bond with your soulmate that you can have your magic back..." His voice trailed off. He was disappointed. I had never seen any of them use magic, at least nothing I would notice.

"I'm sorry.." I whispered in a low tone. I felt somewhat guilty for him not having his magic back. Like it had rode on me. What if this was natures way of trying to say we didn't really belong? Could Soulmates be bad for each other?

"Stop it." Finn interrupted my thoughts. "Whatever you are thinking in that beautiful head of yours, stop it."

"I can't.." My voice cracked slightly as the unwanted tears tried to break free. I felt like it was my fault. Hell, maybe it was.

"You weren't the one who made us into Vampires. You didn't take our magic from us. If anything, in a way- you did bring us magic. You are our magic." I lifted my head up to look at him. Finn's hazel eyes staring into my dark eyes. So warm and welcoming.

"I love you." I whispered before leaning forward and kissing him. Finn responded instantly, his lips pressing firmly to mine. Like he was trying to ground me.

"Sorry to interrupt-" Kol's voice rang through the room. "But it's time for your appointment, sweetheart."  Finn and I separated before we got up. I knew Kol wasn't sorry for interrupting. He loved to mess with his brothers in anyway he could.

"Thank you, Kol." I told him as he smiled my way. Finn stepped up next to me and placed his hand on my lower back as he guided me out of the room.

I had been dressed and ready to go for a while now. The nerves that filled my stomach caused it to flip around uncomfortably. I had to swallow down the bile of nerves constantly.

Elijah stepped up to me as I hit the bottom step. His hand held a bottle of lemon ginger tea he had just made for me along with my jacket.

"It's a bit chilly out today." He told me with a small smile. I tried not to, I swear. But my eyes rolled at his words, causing him to narrow his eyes at me.

"I'm a siren, Lijah. I don't get cold easily." I teased him. Nik stepped up on my side, letting out a huff.

"Just take the jacket, love." He told me before leaning down and pressing a sweet kiss to my cheek. I sighed, letting Elijah slip my jacket onto my arms before he grabbed the zipper and pulled it up.