Chapter LXXIII: Eye of the Beholder

Nothing but darkness and the images of the demons I had seen earlier ran through my head as I felt my consciousness start to stir. A low groan coming from my lips as I still felt groggy and like the world was spinning so fast. The beeping noise in the background made my eyes snap open quickly, confused.

"Octavia?" Elijah got into my vision. I looked around seeing I wasn't in a hospital again, thank goodness. But Kol was actually watching Grey's Anatomy and the volume was a bit loud. "Kol turn that show off." Elijah muttered as he examined my face.

"What?? Why?? It was just about to say who the bus guy was!!" Kol exclaimed, pausing the show, his eyes seeing me and pulling a grin to his face. I sat up slightly and glared at my mate. Still upset with him from controlling my life.

"It's George and he dies." I muttered before huffing and laying my head back down. Kol let out a gasp that reminded me of the episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S when Rachel tells Joey about Little Women.

"That was so mean!!" Kol exclaimed with a deep pout. I ignored him, turning my sight to look at Elijah.

"Tell me I didn't seriously faint." Elijah smiled slightly.

"Right into my arms." He teased causing me to groan. "It's reasonable, Octavia. The pictures and the idea of one of them being your father.. Most would faint just as you did." Elijah explained.

"Can't believe you could be half demon. How badass is that?!" Kol chirped after getting over the betrayal of me spoiling the show to him. "I wonder which one you could be descended from."

"Probably Asmodeus." Nik decided as he entered the room. A smirk on his face as he looked over at me. His brows waggle at me suggestively before chuckling.

"I don't know, Wrath is feeling rather relatable right now." I mutter annoyed. Kol snorted.

"That's just the hormones, sweetheart. You are naturally a very...giving and caring person." He chimed in. I glared at him before reaching over to my nightstand where the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was sitting, grabbing it before hurling it at Kol. He caught it with wide eyes. "Why are you so mean to me?!" He whined before ducking down as I tossed a pillow at him.

"Alright, as much as I love to watch you abuse Kol, it's time to get ready for your appointment." Nik told me. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Appointment?" Kol perked up at this.

"Did you forget? It's ultrasound day." Kol grinned. I groaned at the reminder.

"I was trying to forget. It's also the Glucose test, remember?" I mumbled as I ran my hands over my face. It wouldn't be that bad normally. But the long appointment and not being allowed to eat after midnight was awful.

"It won't be that bad." Kol offered. I shrugged and got out of my bed.

"Now get out so I can change." I ordered as I looked at Kol, Nik and Elijah. Elijah nodded before moving to leave but Nik and Kol both grinned, crossing their arms. "Out!" Elijah grabbed the back of their necks before shoving them out of the room.

-

The ultrasound went normal. I had drank the Glucose drink before being taken back to the room for the ultrasound. All of my mates all crowded into the room with me on the table and a ultrasound technician. The baby had grown a bit faster than what we had expected. It looked like I was closer to 34weeks than the 28 I actually was.

"The baby seems to be more developed than usual-" The technician paused as she typed on the computer in front of her, her brows furrowed.

"Is that bad?" Kol questioned, tearing his eyes from the projection on the wall.