Arc 2 Chapter 11 : Kendric Vanidestine

3rd Person POV:

Once Edwin woke up, he was laying in a luxurious bed within an equally luxurious room. His whole body felt painful though and every breath was hurting him.

{Sending Memories...}

His head started hurting now as well and images flashed in his mind, telling him more about his body.

Kendric Vanidestine was the name of the 3rd prince. He was born from a maid, which is why his status was so extremely low. He was 16 years old. His mother died while giving birth due to early labor and stress, leaving him alone in this harsh environment. Everyone sneered at him since he was young, never treating him seriously.

He never got educated by others, he could only teach himself with books. The original was, even though he grew up like this, still a gentle person. Or maybe it was exactly because he grew up like this, but he was never arrogant in any way.

The Emperor had two other sons, which were both borne by his Empress. He never got a concubine, because he didn't need another heir. He was apparently extremely untrusting as well, and he couldn't be bothered to constantly pressure them all. The original was merely an accident while he was drunk. Everyone was apparently happy when he was declared sick, sparing them any effort to try and weaken or maybe kill him with poison, since no one would support a sick person.

Edwin sighed. 'What are my missions?', he asked.

{Ding!}

{Main Task: Ensure the Villain outlives his story death [500 points]

Side Task:
-Cure your Illness [40 coins]
-Don't get poisoned or killed by others [50 coins]
-Find out why sir Amspoker swore loyalty [25 coins]

Hidden Task:
-???
-???}

{Ding!}

{Error! Detected abnormalities. World difficulty changed to hard. Hidden Tasks unlocked! Change to plot detected...}

{Updated Plot:

Everything starts once the Heroine enters the palace as a maid to the crown prince, our male lead. The Villain that needs saving is the knight captain of the royal knights, who chooses the sick and abandoned third prince as his liege.

The soul that should have entered the Heroine's body gets blocked, leaving the original soul inside her body. She wins everyone's heart with her strong political views this time instead. The crowned prince was in need of her strong talent. To get her talent, they made a deal.

They would work together to kill the other royals and he would make her his Empress. They poisoned the other princes, including the Emperor and various scapegoats got executed for it, which all had royal blood.

The knight captain watched his liege die without being able to do anything. To get revenge after investigating the cause, he revolted, which resulted in his death. He got captured and was tortured in various ways before slowly dying. The Heroine killed the crowned prince afterwards, ending the royal bloodline for good and becoming Empress alone.}

{Ding!}

{Hidden Task:
-Find out why the Heroine entered the palace and killed off the royal bloodline. [System Inventory unlocked]
-???}

'Wait.. Why would it be so different with the original soul? Wouldn't the Transmigrator get her memories?'

{Not necessarily.. People like you are special. Normally, when the soul takes over a body, they wouldn't get their memories, since it is a different soul. It would be another situation if it was their past life though, since the soul would still be the same}

'I see.. Oh by the way, how should I take the beauty and health pill? I can't really shower and taking a bath would be too obvious with all the black sweat..', he said since everything else he could ask seemed crystal clear to him for now.

{There's a big lake nearby, which should be enough for your purpose. I can lead you there}

'Ugh.. That's going to be a pain getting there with this body.. But I guess I have no other options right now..', he answered and made it off the bed with difficulties due to the pain. 'By the way.. When would the Villain swear loyalty to me?', he asked while slowly getting dressed.

{Today afternoon... You got here pretty early, the Heroine would enter the palace about 2-3 months later}

'That's nice. I can heal this body secretly with my knight's help in the meantime... Maybe I should use sightseeing as an excuse and travel a bit. That way I could 'find' the medicine more secretly.', he answered after getting dressed.

{Good Idea, it wouldn't be out of character, since the prince would probably love to go out after being locked up in this palace}

'Exactly.. By the way, show me where I should go.', he said.

{Sure}, Pancake answered and showed him the way.

After he arrived he nodded with satisfaction 'It's really big... That bit black sweat won't sully such an amount too much. It should not be visible afterward.. Is someone around?'

{No, everything is clear}

He nodded again and undressed. He folded the clothes afterward and put them to the side. He looked at his reflection in the water and was shocked, since he hadn't seen himself yet.

(Photo below, after he took the pills and with shoulder long hair)

He looked unhealthy pale and thin, his hair was also dull and he had eyebags with no end, but you could still see how beautiful the boy would look with a bit of care

'What a shame that nobody ever saw.. Well, until now, that is. And these blue eyes are really worthy of being exclusive for the royal family.. Really nice', he thought and went into the water, only to shiver from the cold right away. He gritted his teeth and completely submerged his body inside the water.

'Give me the pill', he said to Pancake

{Used 50 coins for one beauty and health pill.}

He swallowed the pill and waited until he sweated everything out. Sometimes he dived into the water to clean his face and hair. After the usual 5 minutes, he stopped sweating. He stayed a few minutes longer though, to make sure everything is gone.

He went back out afterwards and looked at the reflection of the water surface again. He nodded satisfied. As predicted, he looked stunning... Still a bit too thin though. He took his clothes and put them back on. Just as he finished, he heard Pancake in his head.

{Edwin, I'm sensing a presence coming closer to your location from behind you}

'Thank you', he answered and went into hiding. Actually, he just went behind the big tree.