Arc 2 Chapter 12: Unexpected Encounter

Prota will be referred to as 'Kendric' in this Arc ~ 💕

-----------

3rd Person POV:

After a while, he heard footsteps. He was a little nervous, since he never learned stealth related skills. If this person was vigilant, he absolutely will find him.

Sure enough, he heard a deep and threatening voice saying coldly. "Come out now, I know you're here"

Kendric flinched a bit and his heart skipped a beat. He got out from behind the tree and was stunned when looking at this person. He was good looking.

{Edwin, you found the Villain. Or I guess he found you}

'He's pretty handsome', he answered and looked into the other's eyes. His heart skipped a beat again and he could feel his soul gently being pulled toward him. 'No..way?', he thought with widened eyes.

(Picture of the Villain below)

The other person looked back into his eyes and was  equally surprised, since he felt the same gentle pull

The other person looked back into his eyes and was  equally surprised, since he felt the same gentle pull. His heart also skipped a beat. His feelings only flashed through his eyes for a second though before disappearing.

He saw his blue eyes and immediately knelt down, which startled Kendric. "Your highness, this servant greets you. May the gods protect you. This servant is the captain of the royal knights, Hernan Amspoker."

Kendric smiled and walked to him. He also got on his knees, which in turn startled Hernan. They looked into each other's eyes again and Kendric smiled.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kendric Vanidestine, the third prince. But you don't need to do this, since nobody does this sort of thing for me anyway.", he answered and took his hand. He stood back up and pulled gently at his hand, indicating that he should do so as well.

Hernan stood up, but his face remained expressionless, though his eyes turned a little gentler. "This servant is sorry your highness, but he cannot do that. Whether or not other people do it or not is irrelevant. This servant will do so, because he was taught that way. Unless your highness says otherwise."

The fragile looking boy laughed a bit before inhaling sharply due to the pain. It lessened a bit due to the pill, but it was still painful. "Then.. Please skip all the formalities with me. You can call me Kendric. I won't address myself as 'This prince' either", he answered.

Hernan narrowed his eyes a bit. 'He really is sick..', he thought. At the same time he felt his heart thumping painfully, causing him to frown inwardly. 'Why do I feel so bothered by that?'

"I understand. Kendric, can I ask why you are here? Pardon my question, but everyone knows of your sickness. Wouldn't you get a fever by bathing in the cold water?", he asked while a slight flash of worry runs through his eyes for a second.

Kendric scratched the back of his head awkwardly. He didn't need to ask how he knew, his hair was still wet. "It was a bit hot, so I thought it might be nice. Since no one would stop me anyway, I just did it.", he lied flawlessly.

He felt bad lying to his husband, but he had to. He couldn't talk about the system or the pill. He's lucky that it's actually really hot, so what he said wasn't necessarily false. "But.. Why are you here?", he asked and successfully switched to another topic.

"I will be selecting one prince to swear loyalty to today as per the Emperor's order.", he answered truthfully, wanting to know what the other would say.

Kendric looked surprised for a second, before looking at the ground, quickly hiding his expression. He didn't think that the other person would be so honest about it. "Which one....will you choose? It will be very soon, right?", he asked softly, his nervousness was audible.

Without his knowledge, Hernan smiled slightly for a second. "It will be my secret until I do, I'm sorry.", he answered. He wanted to tease him a bit, even if he didn't know why he would want to do that.

Even if he knew the answer, he had to pretend he didn't. "I-I see..", he answered, keeping his head down. He couldn't act that well, so he had to keep avoiding his eyes or else he would know. His husband was smart, so he could probably see through such an act.

He could manipulate his voice to sound disappointed at least, so that's a good thing. He looked up and smiled. "Then, I guess we'll see each other in a bit together with father and my two brothers. I have to go and get ready.", he said and ran away to keep his 'sad' pretense.

'His confidence is too low.. He doesn't even see himself as a candidate.. What did these people put him through?', Hernan thought with narrowed eyes, his whole person turning ice cold.

'For my benefactor.. I have to protect him', he continued his thoughts and walked away while thinking and caressing the hilt of his sword, which was fixed on his hip.

Kendric arrived in his room shortly after and instantly collapsed onto the floor from the pain of running. "Damn it I didn't even run that much.. Just a few seconds..", he grumbled while waiting for the pain to fade.

{You could erase the pain with a pill, it would be permanently though}, said Pancake

'No, that wouldn't be good. Pain is a warning to take it easy, especially for this sick body. If I do too much stuff without realizing it, I would only die faster. By the way.. Is there a way to make myself look as sick as I looked before?'

{There is. You could purchase temporary makeup which I would put on you as you wish. I could make you look like that again. It'll cost 5 coins though and would only last for about 4 hours. Of course, you could cancel it before it runs out.}

'Perfect..', he answered while slowly getting up. Afterward he dressed into formal attire and styled his hair as good as he could. 'Now you can do that', he said.

{Understood. Deducted 5 coins.}

He watched himself in the mirror while smirking. He looked frightingly sick again. 'Thanks. Can't let them know that I'm starting to get better', he said with cold eyes.

He suddenly heard a knock on his door. "Your highness, it's time for you to go to the throne room.", said the voice in a mocking and rude tone, causing Kendric to look at the door with frightingly cold eyes.

He caught himself soon though and smiled again. "Thank you, I'm coming", he answered and walked to the door, opening it afterward.