Arc 3 Chapter 31: The Battlefield Called 'Entertainment Industry'

3rd Person POV:

Another discussion broke out online while Asher left the stage. He sat back down and put his guitar into the case after checking it. And now he just had to wait until this round would enter the voting phase.

One of the contestants came to him with a smug look on his face after a while, causing Asher to smile inwardly. 'Someone couldn't wait to make a fool out of themselves.. Pancake, let's record it just in case. The Entertainment Industry is a battlefield.'

{Yes Edwin}, Pancake answered and turned the phone inside it's hosts chest pocket on to record the following events.

The contestant came to a halt once he stood before him. The jealousy in his eyes was so obvious even though he tried to hide it the closer he came.

"Hello there, Asher. I have a question.. Could you please answer it?", he said loudly with an admiring tone in his voice. The other contestants heard him, but couldn't see his expression.

'He's not going to be as stupid as I thought...', he thought. "Sure, ask away", he said with a slight smile and gentle eyes, looking extremely harmless. Even his voice was dripping sugar.

The contestant leaned closer and whispered into his ear. It wasn't loud, but enough for Asher's phone to record it. "You..how does it feel to know that Harley Hayes, your mother, was that much of a whore?... I mean, look at all her scandals... That bitch probably felt extremely good, if that many people enjoyed her that much.. What a shame she died before I could t-", he didn't get to say more as a strong fist punched him right in his nose, causing him to land on his butt. He screamed and held his bleeding nose. 'How does he have that much strength?! He doesn't look that strong!', he thought surprised.

Asher looked coldly at him, giving off a murderous aura, frightening all the people present. 'I'll probably get in trouble for this, but with the recording, it should be fine. I can't stand people disrespecting the dead. Especially if they were as kind and gentle as the mother of this body', he thought. "You..don't you dare utter my mother's name with that filthy mouth of yours or I'll rip that disgusting tongue of yours out.", he said with a voice so cold it caused them to freeze inside. The worst was, he seemed absolutely serious about his threat.

Everything turned dead silent. Asher took his guitar case and went to the public bathroom, still giving off that same aura. Only after he left the room did it come alive again. Everyone started whispering. The contestant went away and looked at a person while doing so. They gave an almost nonexistent nod and left. The contestant smirked with contempt. 'Let's see who'll laugh last today'

He went into a booth and took out his phone. 'Pancake, is there a way to get my laptop here right now?'

{There is. You could put it into your inventory and take it out afterward. You just have to express the will to put the object into the inventory and take it out again afterwards. That way, you can do that without my help. Actually, the same is true for almost all of the system's functions}

'That's good to know, thank you', he answered and did as he was told. He imagined his laptop being inside his inventory.

{Ding}

The inventory screen appeared before his eyes, showing him his laptop inside the first slot. He smiled and opened his arms before him. He imagined his laptop falling into his arms and it really did. "Hehe, then let's do this..", he whispered.

He hacked into a locked internet router nearby to use the internet, without leaving traces of course. Afterward he put the the recordings inside his phone on his laptop. It took about 10 minutes.

{Edwin, this round will only last 30 more minutes at most}

'Thanks for the remainder. I'm almost finished so no worries', he answered and now looked at what happened online in the last 10 minutes and sure enough, he found a video about what happened just now, except you couldn't hear their voices after the loudly spoken question of the contestant, since it was taken from a bit further away.

He started reading the comments.

<Wow, what a violent temper, I didn't think he would be like this!>

<He looks like an angel, but he's actually the devil? I guess you really can't judge a book by a cover..>

<I'm so disappointed.. I really liked him and even defended him before...>

Asher sneered at these comments and looked into where they came from. After 15 minutes, he found out a lot already. Half of these had been paid for slandering him online. The other half got convinced by these water armies. Some people wanted to defend him, but were drowned out quickly.

He clicked his tongue. This could actually influence his votes negatively.. He hacked into an account with a lot of influence and uploaded a post there with the recording with these words: "Hello. My name is Zero, a new hacker. I really like Asher's Music right now and can't stand what's going on, so I searched a bit and found this recording in someone's phone.. I'll not say who, but.. I don't think he acted wrong to punch him. Even I wanted to.."

He made sure the post couldn't be deleted and erased all his remaining traces afterward. Once done, he closed his laptop and placed it back inside his inventory with a smirk. 'You picked the wrong guy to build up a pitiful image with..'

After he was done and it was almost time to vote, he went out of the bathroom again after putting his cold face back on. He didn't really want to interact with these people anymore.

Meanwhile, the internet once again entered a chaotic state. The creator of the account that got hacked realised he couldn't delete this post while it gained more and more attention. The people were shocked by what actually happened and started to sympathize with Asher once again while hating on the contestant.

Seeing how his account gained new followers, the creator didn't try to delete this post again. He saw it as a chance to get more famous and didn't want to ruin it.