Arc 4 Chapter 44: Aftermath

Warning!
Bloody descriptions mentioned in this Chapter!

3rd Person POV:

He got woken up just before 'seeing' his parents corpses in those memories. He honestly was pretty grateful about it, since he really didn't want to see it. Once he did wake up, he realized that he was sitting in a car.

Of course, the car was still on the road. It just stopped at a red light. His hands were shaking and he was probably as white as a paper sheet.

How did he know? Well, both his husband and sister were looking at him with worried faces.

His beloved asked before his sister could open her mouth. "Are you okay?"

The question in itself wasn't really special, but... Right now, Lemuel felt all these feelings his younger self had felt. So this question was like asking him to cry and let it all out. No, it was even worse, since he knew what sight would have awaited his little self.

(Warning! Description starts here! If you don't want to read it, skip ahead for a bit!)

As if triggered by that thought, and image flashed before his eyes. It was the image he thought he escaped from. The corpses of their parents. Their heads were gone.

There was blood all over their bodies, you could see the cuts which said blood had come from. Their clothes were soaked in their own blood, filled with holes were the knight's sword had slashed their skin.

Their heads lay a bit above them but not too far away, their expressions still visible. Their father looked so...sad and heartbroken, but at the same time resentful, the expression he had before taking his last breath was still visible on his face, looking directly at them.

The expression on their mother's face was plain fearful with pain mixed inside. Underneath them was a huge pool of their blood mixed together. It was the blood they lost while being tortured like that.

(Description ending here! You can safely continue reading!)

Both looked at them like that, creating a horrifying image. He didn't know why that image flashed before his eyes. He also didn't know if it was a real memory or just an image he created based off his own imagination, but it was enough to cause the pain in his heart to overflow.

His breath hitched, while his throat felt like he had a lump stuck somewhere. His eyes stang painfully and before he knew it, he started crying. He, for that moment, turned into his younger self, who had just walked out of that hideout finding his dead parents on the floor.

This reaction caused both people who were with him to panic a little. Milan had to drive, so she couldn't really focus on anything else. Luckily, Barke sat right beside Noah on the back seat of the car, so he could take action. He immediately wanted to hug him, but he knew he couldn't. His darling reacted negatively to touch.

So he did the next best thing he could. He put gloves on his hands and stroked his back gently, soothing him with words while doing so. "Shush... It's okay, everything is alright..", he whispered gently.

At first, Noah didn't react to anything at all. He just continued crying while trembling. But after a while, he slowly came back. The car had long stopped at this point, since they had arrived at their destination.

But they both waited patiently until Noah calmed down.

After he calmed down a bit, he took a deep breath in and out and closed his eyes.

{Lemuel... Are you alright?}, Pancake asked with a worried voice inside his mind. Since they were temporarily linked he (P) could feel his friend's emotions. Chaotic and intense was the best way to describe the rush of emotions coming from Lemuel.

He could already guess that he saw a memory inside his dream, but from the looks of things, it wasn't a pleasant one. His emotions had been pure horror, sadness and despair.

After hearing Pancake's voice and Barke's whispers, he calmed down a bit more. 'I'm fine...thank you. It was just..a really bad memory.'

Getting Lemuel's assurance, Pancake didn't ask anymore, but still silently kept an eye on his friend's emotions.

Lemuel knew he was now Noah, so he took another shaky but deep breath to finally calm down enough to get back on track, at least for a bit. He still had to help his beloved and he would do anything and everything to do so.

He had probably already cried enough in his last life and if he didn't, he could continue doing so once he was alone. Now was not the right time.

He looked up with a small smile. "I'm fine now, thank you... I just had a bad nightmare.", he said and took Barke's hand that had been comforting him. Since he had gloves on, he was fine doing so.

He pulled his hand closer and kissed it. The glove was a bit in the way, but it conveyed what he had wanted it to anyway, so it was fine.

After they all talked a bit and Noah had told them a made-up story about what he had been dreaming of, they finally went to the doctor to do various tests. After giving his blood at the end, they were told to come back in 3 days.

Once they brought Noah home to rest, Milan and Barke went to work, since the latter had been absent for too long and had to catch up with a lot.

At first, they didn't want to leave him alone, but he himself insisted while confidently telling them that he'll be fine.

After a while, they reluctantly agreed under the condition that he would call them immediately if something were to happen.

Once he was finally alone, he sat down on Noah's bed with a long sigh. 'God damn it what a shitty day...', he thought while chuckling sadly.

He lay there for about two hours just staring at the ceiling and collecting his thoughts and new memories.

Once he felt like he could find the strength to do something again, he went to the original owner's studio and prepared himself to paint. He had to distract himself somehow.

The only thing that could distract him was his dear husband, so he slowly started painting a a scene from their life as prince and his knight.

While doing so, he finally smiled again. His facial features looked absolutely gentle and peaceful while doing so. Every bit of love and gentleness he felt unconsciously slipped into his painting.