Arc 3 Chapter 26: Asher Hayes

3rd Person POV:

Edwin woke up again, only to be hit by dizziness immediately. His eyes hurt a lot as well, catching him off guard. He was hungry and thirsty and he felt dirty. The original probably hadn't showered in forever. He frowned a bit.

{Transfering Memories....}

He felt a stinging headache as scenes flashed before his eyes, causing him to start crying at the end. His eyes hurt more from it, but he didn't mind for now.

The name of this boy was Asher Hayes. He just turned 18 a month ago, but it wasn't something to be celebrated.
His life up to that point was actually a happy one. He had a Mother, a Father and a boyfriend he loved more than anything else. His mother was famous as a singer, his father had a job he loved and they all loved each other.
The tragedy began on his birthday. His mother got into a car crash and died on the spot. She had wanted to take him to a surprise reservation at a restaurant he had always wanted to go to, but entering there was only allowed once you turn 18, which was why he couldn't really go there.
Anyway, the original blamed himself, since she wanted to surprise him by picking him up. He was devastated, but his father and boyfriend were a safe haven, catching him and pulling him up.
But one week later, after the funeral of his mother, his boyfriend began to ask for money on a regular basis. Being so in love that he was, he gave it to him, no questions asked. His father didn't really realize until it was too late.
He gave all their money to him and once he told him he didn't have any more, he broke up with the original the worst way he possibly could. He told him how much he hated him, that he should just go and die. How annoying and useless he was and that without his money, he would've never looked at him.
That happened about a week ago. After that, a few days later, he shut himself into his room, ignoring even his father. He died due to dehydration just a few days later. Right now, he was close to dying. He was due to die tomorrow.

'Dammit.. I don't want to die..', he thought and slowly stood up. It took a lot of strength and effort. 'That boy is foolish.. Why didn't he just talk to his father? Imagine his feelings after losing his son one month after he lost his wife...'

He continued struggling to the door of his room. He opened it and catched his breath for a second before walking towards the room of his parents using the originals memories. Once he reached it, he opened the door.

It seemed like his father just woke up from the noise. "What's wrong..", he said slightly annoyed because he was still half asleep.

(Picture of the Father below)

Once he woke up a bit and saw his son and the state he was in, he immediately jumped off the bed and ran towards him, holding him

Once he woke up a bit and saw his son and the state he was in, he immediately jumped off the bed and ran towards him, holding him. "Asher, what happened?!", he asked worried.

"D-Dad..", he said with a raspy voice and started crying. His throat was hurting a lot from all the days his body hadn't had something to drink. He was surprised that his hurting eyes could still cry.

"Shh.. It's okay, I'm here...", his father said in a soothing voice while carrying him into the living room. He gently lay him down on the couch and went into the kitchen. He took a small glass and filled it with a bit of tapwater, carrying it to his son.

"Here, drink a bit, but not too fast.", he said worried.

Edwin, now Asher, nodded slowly a little bit before carefully taking the glass and slowly drinking a sip of water. He flinched a bit at the feeling of water on the inside of his dry throat.

"Can you...tell me what happened?", he asked his son anxiously.

"I-It's.. Declan.. He... He...", he stopped talking again and slowly drank another sip of water. And so, he slowly started talking about what Declan, the ex-boyfriend of the original, did to him. In between, he had to take some breaks and slowly drink a few sips of water here and there, but he managed to tell the story.

His father just sat down beside him and softly petted his back to comfort his son. He listened without interrupting him. But the more he heard, the angrier he got. He couldn't believe that he was actually that kind of person and wanted to punch him so badly.

After Asher finished talking, there was a long silence. The system used that moment to send the information and world plot to its host.

{Ding!}

{Scanning for abnormalities....}

{Ding!}

{No abnormalities found.. World difficulty normal}

{Story Information:
The Villain that needs saving is the Uncle of the Female Lead, named Fergus Huxley. He owns a big entertainment company. He loves his niece a lot.
The Female Lead, Lorelei Carson, was manipulated by her parents since she was young into thinking that her uncle was a bad person though, not knowing that her parents had been evil all along. So when they died in an accident, she obviously thought her uncle killed them.
She swore to take revenge and used the Villain to climb up the circles of the rich, eventually meeting the male lead, Mateo Miller, who was a son of a famous Actor. He was on his way to becoming a famous Actor himself. They both hit it off pretty quickly.
It didn't take long for them to get together and that's when she 'opened up to him' and told him everything. The Male Lead was furious, so he helped her in taking revenge and used his, as well as his father's, various connections to get the job done.
The Villain eventually died due to their plotting. Since he didn't now his niece's true face until just before he died, he left all his assets to her.
They both lived happily ever after}

{Ding!}

{Main Task: Ensure the Villain outlives his story death [500 points]

Side Task:
- Find true love and live happily [30 coins]
- Become a singer like your mother [45 coins]
- Ensure your father lives a long and happy life [40 coins]
- Unmask your ex-boyfriend [20 coins]
- Live a long life [35 coins]}

Asher looked at the screen and was a bit dumbfounded. 'What's with all these side tasks? Just how many regrets did this boy die with?', he said while sighing inwardly.

His thoughts got interrupted by his father's voice. "So.. What do you want to do now?", he asked his son while holding his hand.

"I... I want to get better again.. And afterwards.. I want to continue mom's dream and become a singer.. Since she taught me about singing and the guitar, I should be able to manage... I want her name to continue being on everyone's lips, even if it's only through me, her son...", he answered a bit shy but determined nevertheless, which surprised his father.

He laughed and petted his son's head. "Good! You are indeed our son! I'll help to get you back on track! Let's search for a talent show for you!"

Asher smiled. "Yes. I want to go to Huxley Entertainment! I heard they're good to their people!", he answered enthusiastically.

"Good! I'll be on the lookout, you just concentrate on getting better!", his father said and hugged him gently.

'I have to hurry.. The leads should already be planning everything. I came pretty late this time around', he thought with an urgend expression while his father couldn't see his face.